“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Piano di Sorrento
Saginaw, Michigan
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to save money while backpacking. This place is very clean with large spacious rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's right near the water which is a plus and walking distance to the trains. We would recommend staying here. We went back the following year and stayed in Praino to make traveling easier, but on a low budget I was very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Hotel was very comfortable and clean. Management worked diligently to make our stay and that of our 4 friends a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The breakfast each morning was delicious. Some of it came from a cooking school at a sister property so we would have a quiche, a flourless almond chocolate torte (the best ever!) or other wonderful foods along with fantastic coffees, freshest, sweetest fruits and fresh mozzarella and tomatoes picked off the vine. This was the best breakfast I had in Europe!
There is a nice terrace where we would all gather in the afternoon/evening to have a glass of wine. The metro was only a 2-3 block walk through the neighborhood and Sorrento took about 5 minutes by metro. We enjoyed our stay immensely.

Room Tip: Our room needed a comfortable chair. Our friends had one so if this is something you want, ask for i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Soleluna for four (4) nights with three of my girlfriends. To say the least, it was incredible. From Giovanni, our excellent server, and Francesco, the captain of our cruise to Capri, to Julio, an amazing host each and every day, it was all so perfect. For €60, we had an amazing trip to Capri and for a mere €18, we had a four-course meal prepared by Mami Camilla's students/staff from that day and we were not all displeased by what was on our plates each and every night.

A short walk away, the beach. No more than 2-3k away, downtown Sorrento. I mean, it couldn't get any better. There is no doubt in my mind that next time I think of Sorrento, Capri, Positano, or Amalfi, I know where I will be staying; Hotel Soleluna.

Thanks fam! Much love.

-Jared

• Stayed August 2013
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with 3 of my friends for a couple of days in August. What a fantastic experience. The hotel is clean and well kept but what really made the experience wonderful was all of the staff at Mami Camilla's. The hotel is extremely well located. A bit off the beaten path yet close to everything. You are right by a beach with alot of nice little restaurants and bars by the water and a supermarket and fresh fruit market right next door. We ate dinner at Mami Camilla's every night and received excellent service from Geovani. As for the food, they were hands down the BEST meals we had in Italy. Julio was also wonderful very easy to talk to and would always put some good music on after dinner to get the party started. Antonio, Biagio, Odelia, and Mami Camilla were all such a pleasure and did such a great job at making us feel comfortable and at home. Antonio even gave us a ride into Sorrento one night for a night out on the town! We did the boat trip to Capri through Mami Camilla as well . I recommend everyone do it the price was extremely reasonable and it was an incredible day. You get spend three hours on the island and then they took us all around the island we got to swim in the most beautiful grottos pretty amazing day. Francesco the Captain of the boat was awesome and really bent over backwards to make sure everyone was having a great time. We also did a cooking class with Mami Camilla. That was probably my favorite experience of all. The classes are fun and easy to follow and getting to eat the meal you just cooked with all of your classmates is also pretty great ! I highly recommend this place for anyone visiting the Amalfi Coast as far as value location and service you can't get any better!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is the perfect, small, friendly hotel that oozes Italian charm. The staff here cannot do enough for you and they always greet you with a smile and time for a chat. If you have the opportunity to try a cooking class, you will produce a delicious four-course meal under the supervision of the wonderful, warm and funny Palmera and you will definitely be adding pasta and gelato machines to your christmas list!
The rooms are clean and quiet; there's a beach 10 minutes walk away and the train station (10 minute walk) has direct access to all the local attractions (like Pompeii).
When you leave, you will be planning your return...

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Houthalen, Limburg, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Low prices, very clean and big rooms, airconditionned and low noice. Great various food for also great low price and the plates are well- filled. Every day you can ask for the menu (Always another) but it's so tastefull, we just ordered... Nice and friendly staff. You get best info to do some trips. Tonino and Antonio bring you from the Hoteldoor to where you disire to go. There is also a trainstation at about 10 min walking distance. There is a lift to the harbour (open from 8.30 till 21.00h). Giovanni and his wife did an excellent job in having Danni, Lydia, Monica and the great coock in their staff! We really became friends! Tip; just ask and you will get the best info! WAY TO GO SOLE LUNA, we surely will return. Pascale and Stefano from Belgium

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was very different to any holidays I've been on in the past as I did the cooking course with my parents! The lessons were fantastic, with the lovely Chef Palmara who guided and taught techniques to make delicious Italian food which we got to enjoy later at dinner! I have never eaten so well in my life. She is very calming, patient and so easy to be around - and she is happy to teach you what you want to learn. One of the women in the classes with us had several specific meals she wanted to learn and also wanted particular ingredients incorporated which Chef Palmara was only too happy to do (there were five of us in total, so we got on very well and it was a great atmosphere.)
Regarding the hotel, it is a lovely place run by a family who are always incredibly cheery with a great sense of humour, and you can't help but befriend them. A little way from a beach great to swim in, and about a 10-15 minute walk from the station it's a nice area in which you see the locals often, rather than actually in main part of Sorrento where there are almost too many tourists.
Considering that the only time spent in the hotel was during breakfast, cooking classes, dinner and sleeping, the rooms had everything you needed; a bed, cupboard, dressing table, tv, and bathroom. My parents got the room at the front of the hotel which had a lovely little balcony, and it wasn't too noisy as it went quiet at about 10.30.
All in all, I really enjoyed my time there and would definitely go again with my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Soleluna? Share your experiences!