“Lovely place and owner could not do enough for you” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Maison de Titty to your Saves list
La Maison de Titty
Via Legittimo, 38, 80063 Piano di Sorrento, Italy   |
London
“Lovely place and owner could not do enough for you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Found the orchard garden surround to the room idyllic, with gorgeous views over the coast from high up on the hill. The room itself was comfortable enough and very clean, of modest size and furnishings.

Breakfast was served each morning in the courtyard garden area, a truly lovely setting. The owner was really very kind and clearly concerned with ensuring that I enjoyed my stay. She came and met me from the taxi and was clearly embarrassed and apologetic that the taxi driver had just charged me 28 EUR for a 7 minute journey from the port.

The hospitality continued as she extended the breakfast to my friend on one morning, who was staying in a nearby hotel (and did not charge for this). On a second occasion, my friend and a relative popped up to help me pack my suitcase and she served coffee and cakes to all three of us, again without adding any charge to my bill. The owner was personable, friendly and welcoming in a way that was obviously genuine and an absolute pleasure to find in a host.

This B&B would suit someone who is looking for a quiet and slightly unusual place to stay perfectly, as it is in marked contrast to the many of the large hotels within Sorrento. It's a little bit of a walk to get into town but do-able (and a girl travelling on her own might find it a tiny bit tucked away at night).

All in all, I thought that this B&B was a fantastic find and would heartily recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

The family is wonderful but don't book online. I made an internet reservation through after failing to reach them when I called by phone from Rome. The price was 30 euros a night, but when I plugged in my credit card it flashed 60 euros. I finally reached the b & b who said she hadn't received my reservation. She said to pay her 30 euros in cash when I arrived. But I called my credit card company who said the charge was pending. When I got to the hotel the place was far away from the coast and the restaurant nearby was closed.The rooms were damp, I couldn't work the TV and there was no wireless. Good for a budget traveler but It was definitely not worth the 60 euros she asked for when i went to leave. She said the booking company charges her a 25 per cent fee, but when I asked her why I was paying a 100 per cent mark up, she could not explain. Worse still, there was a sign on the door that said the maximum charge for a single traveler is 35 euros. But I paid 60. I would have spent the extra money in a nicer place closer to the coast. I suggested she warn people they will be charged this fee if they make an online reservation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Jena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

An excellent accommodation. From the moment I arrived Conchetta and here whole family gave me the feeling being member of their family and immediately I felt at home. A great hospitality, a lot of valuable tips for traveling & dining, the kind help of papa Michele who drove me to the ferry and train. On the other side absolutely not pushy, so I could be alone when I wanted it.

B&B situated in a quiet place outside the bustling center of Sorrento. Lovely garden with lemon & orange trees. Rooms are tasteful furnished, clean, big bathroom (for that kind of accommodation). Good breakfast. Restaurants not far away from B&B. Good public transportation nearby. Very good value for money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

From the moment we arrived the owner (father of the family) was very accommodating. He drove us to downtown Sorrento for shopping, the dock for the trip to Capri and the train station for Pompei. Can't say enough for the entire family's help and friendliness. Clean room and good breakfast. Narrow street to b&b, but there is a nearby parking lot and the owner will pick you up.

• Liked — Hospitaliy
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

Absolutely an excellent B&B with a great value for money.

I stayed there for 10 days on august, the place is very quiet and silent, in a small street of Piano di Sorrento from which you can reach in a few minutes the center of Sorrento. The location is central and strategic, if you have a car you can park inside the B&B, if you dont have a car you can move easily with public bus.

The B&B consists in a depandance of the main house, with 3 rooms very clean , well furnished, with air conditionated and a nice garden on the front, where you can be served a very big breakfast with tipical cakes.

The owners are very very kind, you can ask them for almost everything and they will solve your problem.

I know very well Sorrento and I have spent there my holidays since I was a child, I have been in a lot of hotels and B&B and I can surely say that La Maison De Titty is the best one considering the position, the price, the services included, the hospitality of the owners, the beauty of the rooms.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oakland, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Dates – 6/29-7/1
Price – 60 EUR

Location – Two towns away from Sorrento; 10 minutes walk from bus stop; 15 minute bus to sorrento

Comfort – Horrible bed; very hot, no fan, AC, or breeze; new bathroom with odd arrangment

Cleanliness – Very clean

Noise – Noise from other guests and alleyway and neighborhood

Staff – Very kind and helpful; picked us up from station

Food – Included breakfast consisted of 4 kinds of packaged sugary pastries; No fresh squeezed juice as other reviews mentioned (property situated in an orchard)

Amenities – Fridge, no internet anywhere

Commentary – Booked through venere

Highlight – Attentive, sweet staff
Lowlight – Everything else

• Liked — Great Staff
  • Disliked — Location, Noise, Bed
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Maison de Titty? Share your experiences!