“Awesome view, nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

La Ripetta
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Ripa di Cassano 4, 80063 Piano di Sorrento, Italy   |
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Piano di Sorrento
Cornwall, Canada
“Awesome view, nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel is located on cliff side, beside a little fishing port. Really nice lobby freshly painted. Employee only speeks italian and a little bit of english, adds to the vacation. Good overall food, great wine. Basic room with a beautiful view. The dinning room's view is magnificent. Gellato place just in front with good prices and awesome gellato. 10min from sorrento. There is everything you need !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I dont like writing bad reviews, but while on holiday in Italy myself and my partner went for dinner here. The view was lovely, but the service was terrible.
We where staying only down the road so thought we would try it out. While waiting in the queue to be seated, the staff actually ignored us to seat other people behind us, and people just arriving - they didn't have reservations, they just didn't like us because we where tourists I guess!
The staff were hostile towards us, and no hello, or thank you where given. I can understand they may be fed up with tourists but we where friendly and did no complain, therefore felt our treatment was very unfair.
The food was average, and a over priced when compared to the service! If it wasn't for the location I don't think this place would survive by the way the treat non locals. I will never be going back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sant'Agnello, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! La Ripetta is a really nice restaurant and a pretty hotel to spend a week end, enjoying Sorrento and Penisola Sorrentina. About the price, we can easily say it's good. We suggest to book one of the room placed in front of the sea...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have just returned from a week in this filthy place!!!....I read the reviews beforehand but was too late to cancel....the breakfast consisted of cornflakes and warm UHT milk, croissants, and brioche rolls...no cheese or ham, nor eggs....the beds are very hard and the pillows are harder, the furniture is tatty, especially if you stay in one of the rooms at the front of the hotel...where the noise from the stret outside will kep you awake most of the night....I decided to stay at the hotel one day and lie in the sun, round the back of the restaurant where the hot tubs are.....I dangled my feet in the cold water and noticed a white scum on the bottom of the hot tub!!!!....and the water jets were corroded in filth, i immediately took my feet out, but next day i woke with a very red, inflammed ankle, itchy and felt like tiny needles were being stuck in me....i thought I'd been bitten by an insect, and went to a pharmacy for cream, I spent the rest of the holiday in extreme pain and foot bandaged....on returning home, my Doctor has now said I have cellulitis, a bacterial infection in my ankle, obviously caused by the extreme filth of the hot tub!!!...I have pics of the tub to prove how filthy it was, and would gladly upload them to this site if I could, so other customers can see the real La Ripetta Hotel!!!.....they also have a spa....but charge FIFTEEN EUROS PER HOUR for guests to use!!!!!...I suggest all websites who advertise this hotel should send a rep over to check it out for themselves!!!.....ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL IS THE VIWS FROM THE ROOF TERRACE AND RESTAURANT BALCONY!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at Ripetta restaurant for a dinner, so I cannot comment the hotel.

Four of us all had fried starters and a pizza, fish first dishes, and in four we had two second dishes. We also had two deserts.
The starters were very tasty, as were the first dishes, but what was amazing was the sausage and fried potatoes – the sausage was not heavy and not too greasy, while the potatoes were a revelation, as they were freshly made and not a frozen product.
We had a few liters of water, and paid a bit over 100 EUR total.
The restaurant boasts spectacular views over the bay of Sorrento. It is a family run place, with kind and knowledgeable waiters, definitely worth a second visit!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I went to Sorrento on a school trip, so I didnt see much of the hotel, but the rooms were spacious, and reasonably comfy. There was some noise at night but it hardley bothered me and my room mates. The balcony at the top of the hotel had an amazing view and was very relaxing. The rooms were clean and the lunches and dinners were amazing!! And delicious!!! The breakfasts werent the best, but they were certainly decent enough. The staff were very helpful and very friendly. It was a very enjoyable holiday!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kiryat Tivon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Great value for money , if your with car then its location , that is a bit far from the center is irrelevant , we got great tips for restaurants , where to park and what to see from the lovely receptionist.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Ripetta? Share your experiences!