“The best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is mot the first time I have visited the restaurant. Its the best in the area. Great service, delicious food and amazing value for money. This restaurant is located in mountains which guarantee you breathtaking view. The deco is inspired by family history and throughout the years memories. The family business is great and make you feel like home and this is th place where you always want to come back. Love it

• Visited September 2013

Weybridge, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic View, Local Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We visited this beautiful family run restaurant, as a recommendation from our private driver for the day in Sorrento! We were not disappointed, as the antipasti all the way through the desserts were phenomenal. The seafood pasta served in a foil packet was the best I've ever tasted! Our two children loved the meal as well and even tried the fried zucchini/corgette blossoms :)

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“The food was incredible and we felt like family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I ate at Zio Sam's while on a trip in Sorrento. We were greeted with smiles and cheek kisses and immediately felt at home!
We ordered an octopus/mussel sort of an appetizer, which also came with an assortment of breads (bruschetta, fried dough balls, etc.), which were both delicious. My husband was encouraged to order their special pasta dish. It was something like "cartocche" and was a seafood linguine with crawfish, shrimp, mussels, clams, octopus, and delicious tomato sauce. The whole dish came in a big aluminum foil display and tasted just awesome. I ordered the veal with tomato sauce and mozzarella. There were three huge pieces of veal, all cooked to be very juicy and tender, and equally as delicious as the pasta. We also shared a bottle of homemade red wine by Zio Sam! Sweet and refreshing, it was certainly a treat.
After about a week in Italy, my husband and I felt like we'd been eating the same sorts of pastas, pizzas, and paninis over and over again...all great, but difficult to differentiate. Our dinner at Zio Sam's was by far the best on our whole vacation and made us feel like we were a part of their awesome family. Zio Sam himself came and chatted with us at our table, along with his wife, son, another waiter, and the chef.

Just next door is a huge garden where all the vegetables are homegrown. Homemade limoncello is to die for!

Overall, a great experience! If you're in the area, definitely check out Zio Sam's!

• Visited October 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Excellent Neighborhood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We ate at Ristorante Zio Sam 3 of 4 days we were in the area at a nearby B&B. The restaurant has excellent food from pasta to ravioli and other (seafood) options - everything was very fresh and prices reasonable. The service is excellent and staff quite helpful (with our lack of Italian). We arrived early by Italian standards (7:30 PM) and watched the restaurant fill up mostly with local families. Also, the view toward Sorrento is quite nice especially from the patio. The highlight was seeing the elderly owner going to garden and picking tomatos.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
melbourne
“Loved it so much, we got married here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My now 'husband' and I loved Zio Sam's restaurant so much, we got married here!! Zio Sam and the family transformed their amazing restaurant into a fairytale set from a movie! I couldn't have been happier with everything. I didn't actually have to organize much because they took care of everything. I can't recommend it enough, it was amazing before my wedding and now, of course, it's the best restaurant ever!

They accommodate for families, couples - you don't get more romantic than eating on the balcony here on the Amalfi Coast, and we ate many times with our friends here and of course it's amazing for a wedding too :)

• Visited August 2013