Lovely location set in the quiet, residential Via Gottola in Piano. Nice top floor location of a c19 ish manor. Excellent we thought.
It was ok. But we were in room 2 which showed signs of water damage to plasterwork in the bedroom, water damage to the floor, the shower hung off the rail post so getting a proper wash was tricky.
The double bed was 2 singles pushed together, one soft as butter, the other hard, made sleeping a bit tricky. This was exacerbated by a guest who turned up in the very early hours and rang every bell in the building, waking us up prior to a long day travelling.
The bell appears to be directly above room2, strongly suggest this is moved away from guest rooms.
All of the above we could live with at £25 per night but for £50 I expected more. Room 2 needs work for the money charged.
That said coffee in the morning was excellent. For those inclined to watch it there was a TV, sky box and wireless. Finally, teabags, mugs but no kettle :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a luxuriant citrus grove, The Secret Garden Relais is the ideal destination for those who want to spend their vacation in the Sorrentine peninsula at a relaxing hotel just a short drive away from Sorrento.The pastel colours of the building and the elegant furniture make this hotel in Sorrento an ideal location, especially as it has the cosiness of a private villa – one of the Charme Hotels best offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your The Secret Garden Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Secret Garden Relais Hotel Piano Di Sorrento
- Secret Garden Relais Sorrento
- Secret Garden Relais Hotel Sorrento