“If you really want to try the Italian food speciality and nice atmosphere...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Acquapazza

Ristorante Acquapazza
Via Marina di Casano, 80063 Piano di Sorrento, Italy
+39 081808842
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Description: To Acquapazza you can experience the best in Italian cuisine with the beautiful Mediterranean lapping gently at your side. Whether it is to enjoy an intimate candlelit dinner or just to get away from the bustle of Sorrento. Our food celebrates all that is wonderful about the region of Campania, bursting with flavors from the sun and the sea. We offer an elegant and spacious environment in which to enjoy our excellent food and enchanting views.
Düsseldorf
“If you really want to try the Italian food speciality and nice atmosphere...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

I was told the Restaurant Acquapazza was one of the best in Sorrento so I decided together with a colleague from England to have dinner there.

We work and live in Düsseldorf and often travel around the world for business reasons. This time the destination was Naples and I thought to have a little trip to the nice Sorrento and to enjoy a good Italian dinner.
I couldn't fail to show how better is the Italian cuisine compared to the others which we have tried so far around the world during our business trips, so I had to be careful.

We decided to try a bit of several courses and we were very impressed by the quality of the food: Very good, tasty and served in such a very enjoyable atmosphere close to the sea shore and fantastic view over the Gulf of Naples and Vesuvio, as well as the availability and the good manners of the Restaurant's staff.

You can imagine the difference in culture between Italians and English, fighting all the time due to divergent opinions. Well, at the end of the dinner we found at least one thing which we can say we both agree: That was fantastic and there are few other places in the world where we had a comparable experience.

It was not for our case that time, but I can recommend to those who want to impress their Partner to go there for dinner, a bit earlier, have a drink at the bar, follow mètre/waiter recommendations for wine and courses (especially sea food), then enjoy the good food and romantic atmosphere... after that have a nice walk onh the beach, then... everything can happen, it is just up to you...

mombasa
“A 180 degrees restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

I was at ristorante acquapazza last week with my husband and my kids. we had a truly lovely time!
we had heard of acquapazza from friends and decided to go for a dinner , my husband and myself alone. the location , right on the beach.......the soft lights and elegant surroundings......the smell and sound of the meditteranean.....very romantic.
we sat right by the veranda overlooking the seafront and the sparkling lights of Naples on the horizon. we drank white wine and eat fantastic food. fresh fish , fresh vegetables....all the flavours of the region and of the mediterranean but with a definite touch of originality and accuracy served by a polite though very professional staff always with a smile.
the rooms of the restaurant are quite spacious and the tables arranged in a way that protect the privacy and , although the were fully booked, .....it did not give the impression of crowded
indeed we enjoied the evening!
so much that we decided to go back the day after for a lunch with the all family.
such a good idea! in the day light the colours of the restaurant give the impression of being actually there ...at sea. this time we sat outside in the open veranda. my girls played on the beach with the sand without disturbing. we sat in the sun watching the fishermen in the distance, the boats.....the children playing and the ongoing life of this typical south of italy marina.
again the food was excellent, very tasty and the portions right.
I truly raccomand the Acquapazza Restaurant in sorrento.