“A little gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Monkstown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: WINNER OF DUBLIN'S BEST GASTRO PUB 2013 - IRISH RESTAURANT AWARDSThe Purty Kitchen re-opened it's doors under new ownership in October of 2012. The Purty Kitchen is south Dublin’s newest gastropub serving a wide variety of fresh fish and pub classics with flair. Every dish has been created to show off seasonal food at it’s best and we have used Irish produce wherever possible.We have tried to put a signature twist on all of our food. Take our burger for example. They are made in house with dry aged Irish beef from Kettyle meats. The cheese comes from 5 mile town creamery and then it’s all served on a Waterford blaa with a basket of skin-on rooster chips. Most of what we serve in the Purty Kitchen is made in the Purty Kitchen. Where there are exceptions to that, we have sourced things from other great Irish food producers like Boulaban Farm in Tipperary for our salted caramel ice cream, or Arbutus Bakery in Cork for delicious sourdough rye bread.
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Dined here recently with some friends and as gastro pubs go this has to be one of the finest I have come across in recent years.
The food was fantastic! The staff were attentive and the ambiance was amazing!
I will be returning as soon as I can.

London, United Kingdom
“birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

went here for dinner for my birthday and as always great dinner had the fish for a change and it was fantastic my husband had the steak and he said it was fantastic also, they never dissapoint here, staff great as always, must mention there homemade brown bread we always try to buy some to take home and we were lucky this time its great bread.

Dublin, Ireland
“Always a great evening at the Purty!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been to the Purty on a number of occasions and it never disappoints !!!!! The food is outstanding with great choice and great tastes!!! The staff are very friendly and professional and I found them particular accommodating when it came to my little boys fussiness about what he likes to eat!!! It has a very relaxed atmosphere and you can sit and enjoy your food without feeling rushed!!! I would definitely recommend going to The Purty Monkstown with family or friends you will certainly enjoy !!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
“The Purty Kitchen made our day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We recently celebrated a family birthday at the Purty Kitchen, Monkstown. We arrived on spec and were greeted with a warm and friendly open welcome. The food itself was incredible (you really have to taste it to see) and the service was spot on.

They catered for our very fussy 7 year old's plain pasta needs without hesitation. We decided to indulge in a round of desserts to top off our wonderful visit to the Purty Kitchen and again it was consistent with their fantastic meals. I would really recommend the Purty Kitchen to any families or anyone at all looking for a warm welcome, great food, and lovely atmosphere. Oh and did I mention the prices are within everyone's reach.
Will be back for sure! :-)

“Greatly Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had totally gone off this venue having had some negative experience of service a few years ago. I heard recently it changed hands so decided to try again before Christmas. We were not disappointed. Service, food, atmosphere all great. Looking forward to going back there again.

Visited December 2013