“Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Monkstown
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Outdoor seating
Description: WINNER OF DUBLIN'S BEST GASTRO PUB 2013 - IRISH RESTAURANT AWARDSThe Purty Kitchen re-opened it's doors under new ownership in October of 2012. The Purty Kitchen is south Dublin’s newest gastropub serving a wide variety of fresh fish and pub classics with flair. Every dish has been created to show off seasonal food at it’s best and we have used Irish produce wherever possible.We have tried to put a signature twist on all of our food. Take our burger for example. They are made in house with dry aged Irish beef from Kettyle meats. The cheese comes from 5 mile town creamery and then it’s all served on a Waterford blaa with a basket of skin-on rooster chips. Most of what we serve in the Purty Kitchen is made in the Purty Kitchen. Where there are exceptions to that, we have sourced things from other great Irish food producers like Boulaban Farm in Tipperary for our salted caramel ice cream, or Arbutus Bakery in Cork for delicious sourdough rye bread.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I dined here recently and were surprised by the quality of the menu and how affordable the prices were.
We both had starters and mains with a bottle of wine for less than 60 euros.
Only negative were the chips.
Will return

Ireland
“Delicious lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Passing through on a Sunday afternoon popped in for a bite to eat, Service was super & the food also i recommend the crab claws & spicy wings hugely :-) Will luck forward to a return visit!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athlone, Ireland
“Fantastic food excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Recently had a wonderful dinner here, the staff were excellent the food was amazing and a relaxing atmosphere. Really enjoyed the meal with a wide selection to choose from on the menu. Excellent fresh fish and all reasonable priced.

Visited August 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“big suprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

was told to check out the purty kitchen on my last trip to Dublin. We went for dinner on Saturday night.We wrere greeted by a nice waitress and sat on an upper level.First impressions were that the bar was beautiful,there was a great atmosphere in the place.There was a lot of craft beer to choose from as well as the normal choices.the menu was outstanding,I ordered the pork belly which was outstanding just outstanding,my wife had the steak on a stone which also was amazing,highly recommend these.When the owner Ashley heard we were visiting from the states he came over and sat with us bought us a few drinks.Had a great conversation with him and a lot of laughs. Will go back again the next time I visit,recommend everyone to check it out you will not be dissapointed

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Disappointed and annoyed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I should note that I'm normally a huge fan of this place and used to eat here 2/3 times per week when I was working in Dublin. In my last review, I rated it 5 stars and titled my review "couldn't be more accommodating". Unfortunately, I had a very different experience during my most recent visit.

The community shield final was kicking off in a half hour and I said I'd treat myself to a Purty Kitchen burger while I enjoyed the game. I asked the nice waitress if there was a possibility of televising the game and she assured me she would inquire. After a few minutes, a red-haired bartender with an Aussie/NZ accent approached me and told me he'd search for the game but would be changing the channel for the hurling championship which began an hour and a half later. Not a problem! After all, it's the national sport and Dublin were involved.

Fast forward 15/20 minutes. I'm still without a menu and there's no sign of the game. When I inquire again, the bartender takes the remote in hand to search for ITV. Scrolls up a channel, then back down a channel, then up one again, then back down again, up once more, down once more. Same three channels, three times! He then presses a serious of numbers which return nothing, does the same again and once more for luck. After flicking through one or two radio channels he decides to ask a middle aged man at the bar for assistance. The man at the bar, who was the only customer bar myself, had also expressed his interest in seeing the game and told the bartender to press 'TV Guide' where he could view a full list of channels. After numerous failed attempts and an obvious bout of selective hearing, the bartender finally got to 'TV Guide'. Beginning at RTE 1, he scrolled down as far as TV3, back up to RTE 1, down again to TV3, up again to RTE 1 and once more down to TV3. At this stage, it was fairly clear to me that the bartender had changed his mind about televising the game. He was deliberately wasting our time which was so chronically obvious, the man at the bar had began to laugh aloud. To top it all off, he scrolled back up to RTE where a minor game was being televised, said "oh, there's hurling on!" and left the bar. At this stage, despite 20-25 minutes of my time being completely wasted, all I, and my new found friend at the bar could do was laugh.

Had I have been told "we won't be showing the football today, the hurling's on" I would still have purchased food and made it out in time for kick-off. Instead, I left hungry, annoyed and in no rush to return to what used to be my favorite restaurant in Monkstown.

• Visited August 2013