“Great local Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Ireland
“Great local Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Asked my husband to book us dinner in the italian in Monkstown for a Friday night, thinking he would book That's Amore, which I'd told him about after reading Paulo Tullio's review of it. He actually booked La Dolce Vita, which turns out to be only a few doors away from That's Amore. Surprising that there are two Italian restaurants within such a short distance of each other.

walking past That's Amore, we could see it was packed to the gills. Then again, there are only 18 tables, so no wonder. We went for a quick drink in Goggins, then headed upstairs to La Dolce Vita.

We were welcomed by a very friendly waitress and brought to our table. From an atmosphere point of view, it was disappointing to see only two other tables occupied, this was 8pm on a Friday, you would think there would be more people out eating. Anyway, we had a nice corner table, beside the fireplace, upon which were several stills of scenes from La Dolce Vita.

We decided to share a starter so went for the bruschetta. Like any simple dish, you really need to get this sort of thing right for it to be any good and they really did. Lovely bread, very fresh tomatoes and just the right amount of garlic. For mains, we went for lasagna (with chips) and I had smoked salmon pasta. I can't remember the name of the type of pasta, but it was like long pieces of rice but pasta. It was seriously tasty as was my husband's lasagna. With a bottle of wine the total came to c. Eur51 before tip. Again, you can't go wrong with those sort of prices. Great service and great food, we'll be returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Had a dinner for five in this restaurant. Food was very nice and portions quite big, although two of the steaks we order were very well done, though we asked for medium. Other than that, the atmosphere was good, food was tasty, and the whole experience very lovely. Our waitress was very nice and helpful as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wicklow, Ireland
“A little Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This restaurant is well worth a visit, this was my third time here in the last 7 months and it just gets better every time.I would be a very hard Customer to please as i love my food, all i can say is La Dolce Vita has never let me down.
I would highly recommend the Monkfish,my daughter loved the lasagne,to finish i had tiramisu yum!!! The waitress is such a lovely lady always smiling and most helpful.The restaurant was very cosy and comfortable.I look forward to my next visit

Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty with excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Really excellent food. I had the prawn starter, which was delicious. The Steak fillet which was cooked to perfection! Really I am only taking marks off because the restaurant was a bit chilly! Mind you we did go very early in the evening. Still a bit bit chilly. They could turn on the heating earlier. I will go back with warmer clothing! The food was so good and the service was excellent. There is parking outside on the street. Toilets available. Stairs to access restaurant.The stairs might not be suitable for the more advanced Senior citizen.

Donegal, Ireland
“Party of 8 all agreed it was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

To keep all 8 of us happy is a hard thing to do but La Dolce Vita left everyone extremely satisfied.
Excellent value and delicious food and a nice wine menu. Starters were around the €8 mark with the pear and walnut Duck salad a delicious introduction.
Then for mains there is a good choice including steak, lamb, pastas, pizza etc - all €14-€24 range I think.
All the food was brilliant and lots of it. Our waitress was on the ball - 3 people ordered the same dish but one with chicken instead of beef, another with no chill or garlic and one as on the menu - each plate was exactly what was requested. Also showing that everything is made up fresh to order.
Afterwards we went down to Goggins bar for a refreshing pint! I would definitely eat here again if in Monkstown.

• Visited December 2013