“Great Hotel, Great Location!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Malia, Crete 70007, Greece   |
Ranked #19 of 97 Hotels in Malia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Hotel, Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My stay at the resort was from 6/14/2013 to 6/20/2013. I am 24 years old and planned on hitting the Malia strip. This resort was the perfect distance away, allowing a short distance to get to the bars via ATV, yet providing a nice quiet and relaxing vacation environment. My overall impression of the resort would definitely be for couples looking for a romantic getaway. The beach was great and just steps away from my hotel room which was the smallest they had, but was still very roomy! Outside of the hotel, the streets are lined with super markets, pharmacies, restaurants, and gift shops. This is by far the best hotel/vacation experience I personally have ever had. I would recommend this hotel to singles, couples, and families alike. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel, was that at the pool bar, beach bar, and the bar at the front of the hotel, all had the same food/snack menus. I would have liked a little more of a variety, but then again a 5 min walk I could pass 5 restaurants with assorted menus. Overall, staff was friendly and accommodating, the amenities were plentiful, but the location did it for me!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This review is a little late, stayed here in August 2009 for 2 weeks as I was getting married in Aghios Nikolaos. I can not praise this hotel and the staff enough. On arrival we were driven to our room with our cases in a 4 wheel buggy. We were pleasantly surprised to find a large bowl of fruit and a bottle of wine waiting for us. We had a free upgrade with a sea view, the view was out of this world. On our wedding night, we returned to find that the staff had decorated our hotel room with petals, hearts and candles, we were speechless. The staff really went to great lengths to make our stay as special as possible and the hotel and grounds were breath taking. Thank you to everyone, especially the manager at the Alexander beach hotel for making our stay a holiday we will never forget. If we were to return to Crete, I would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Sea view is absolutely amazing, especially on top floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brasov, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Featuring low storey buildings and bungalows in impressive gardens, this award-winning resort stretches out along a beautiful sandy beach with clean blue water.
Located 32 km east of Heraklion, the hotel is situated betwen two little villages Malia and Stalis .
Good service, quiet location, friendly staff, cleanliness.
Relaxing pools, a small sandy beach.
We had half board.
In Crete I recommend you all inclusive. Because, otherwise, prices are inflated.

Room Tip: rooms with sea vue
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thurles Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

After spending a fortune on this 14 day holiday half Board basis, I was hugely disappointed with the Hotel accommodation. The room I stayed in was certainly not four star rating. The shower kept going hot and cold. The beds & pillows were awful. The decor outdated. I never felt comfortable in the room. The food was average, the staff wonderful, the gym facilities limited. Drinks in the Hotel very expensive and Stalis Resort over priced. The Hotel caters mainly for German speaking guests so if you are English be advised. This Hotel does not warrent a four star rating.

Room Tip: make sure you have a choice be advised you will be charged extra for a view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our most expensive stay in Crete out of a 2 week long tour along the island. However in comparison to the other resorts this was the best value! This was the second time we come here. It is a proper resort with beautiful pools and beach. There is even a quiet pool area. We picked the half board package and food was good lots to choose from but the best was the baklava desert! Rooms seem a bit dated however and our unit ac was really not strong at all. The fridge was doing some weird noises as well.

All the staff was professional and helpfull except for the reception staff which made a mistake charging us when we already paid online.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Heraklion, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I visited Malia as a PhD student for a conference that was held there. I stayed Alexander with 2 collegues in a 3-bed room but at arrival we found out that the third bed was actually a small couch and our room was semi-basement. Furthermore there was a constant sense of mold in the atmosphere. On top of al that we encoutered bugs and specifically cockroaches in our room. The cleaning service was totally inadequate as returning to our room - although supposably already cleaned - we found the ashtrays full, the garbage not emty, and even the bugs we killed were still on the floor!! The parking of the hotel is very small (about 20 parking seats) while the rooms are far more than that! As a result, sometimes people had to park their cars outside the hotel! On the TV there were only German channels without even the option of subtitles in any language.. The stuff was quite polite to us except the reception where we were spoken rather ingnorantly. We are not used to stay in very luxurious hotels but we know very well what 4 star hotel means and that was not the case at Alexander. All in all, for the price paid I found the hotel totally not worth the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was my second year staying in the hotel, which tells you how much I enjoyed my previous stay! The hotel supplies everything, including pool towels and has it's own beach area. There are sufficient sunloungers scattered around the pool, gardens and beach area and you can always find your own space. The hotel is run very efficiently and all meals are well organised with a great buffet selection. It is so relaxing and the staff are wonderful. I really enjoyed my cocktail before dinner on the veranda watching the sun go down and pleasant chat with the lovely bar staff. I will go back.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are brighter and airier
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Alexander Beach Hotel & Village? Share your experiences!