I've been to Malia 4 times in the last few years staying at a different hotel each time. Kastro was by far the best hotel that I have stayed in Malia! It's located just at the bottom of the strip, close to the beach and near the restaurants. Will take you 2mins max to walk to the main bit of the strip. So perfect location.
This year I went with 3 other girls and we had the best time at Kastro and Charlie's bar. Not one single complaint! Nikos and his family were so friendly and welcoming and it made the hotel have a really nice feel. The bar staff in Charlies bar were amazing, Danny, Andy and Yazmine made sure that everyone was getting involved and enjoying themselves. We ended up pre-drinking in Charlies until 2/3am each night as most people did and the atmosphere was so good.
Andy served you food and drink all day around the pool. He never complained and nothing was ever an issue. Great guy who really made the hotel even better
The food served in Charlie's bar is so cheap. And considering how cheap it is, we really couldnt have any complaints with the food! We ate lunch there everyday and always enjoyed it! I also tried a different option each day and all of it was fine. The waiter was lovely and friendly- just like everyone at Kastro. My friend had her daily large chocolate milkshake which she swears by as a great hangover cure. On one of our last nights Nikos and his family hosted a BBQ for everyone on Charlie's bar- the food was really nice and everyone enjoyed it.
As for the rooms- you get more than you paid for. Considering you're probably paying around £40/50 for the hotel for a week, what do you expect? The room was a good size, rooms were clean and they had everything we needed in it. Bathroom was absolutely fine- its Malia not some hotel in London. The cleaner was fantastic! We were quite a messy group of girls and every two days she made our room lovely and clean with fresh sheets and towel. On a couple of occassions she even folded all my clothes up on my bed for me! She also did all our washing up which was so sweet- so we definitely left her a nice tip at the end for putting up with our mess!
All in all, all four of us absolutely loved our time at Kastro. If we do return to Malia next year we wouldnt need to even consider anywhere else as Kastro has it perfect.Thanks to Nikos and all his staff for making our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kastro Beach is a great place to stay during your holiday in Malia. It is a family owned complex of apartments and studios. Having the greatest location on beach road, we are 1 minute away from the beach and a few steps from all the bars, clubs, restaurants and shops. An enjoyable 10 minute walk from our hotel will lead you to the Old Town of Malia where you can find more traditional taverns and cafes.Kastro Apartments offers a warm welcoming atmosphere for a pleasant stay. Each unit includes a balcony and has access to all our facilities such as swimming pool, pool bar, and 24 hour reception. In front of our complex your can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails at Charlie’s Bar. You can also watch all sports live and big selection of new movies. Nikos’ cocktails, games and smile are a perfect way to begin your evening in Malia. Our pool area offers a relaxing atmosphere and a pool bar where you can order food, snack, coffee or drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kastro Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kastro Apartments Hotel Malia
- Kastro Beach Apartments Malia, Crete