After reading reviews online, our group of 7 girls (17-18) were a little anxious about our stay at the studios, however on arrival we were greeted by Yolanda who was very welcoming and were shown our rooms. Yolanda was always happy to help with any questions or requests, as were the daughters that helped out in the pool bar.
The snacks served in the bar were cheap, tasty and would fill you until you went for an evening meal - also, the milkshakes that are served are amazing!! The pool area was always clean and you were able to either listen to the music chosen by George and Yolanda or you could ask to plug your iPod in and play your own music!
Our rooms were petite but had everything we needed and more; the kitchenette had a fridge with small freezer space, 2 cooking rings, a kettle, toaster and cutlery (pans, plates, forks etc). The bathroom was typically Greek, small but again has everything you need!
While staying here, I and my roommate managed to break a shower head but it was replaced without fee as we were told it was an old one so this was a pleasant suprise as we had read a review saying all breakages had to be paid for! The beds were comfortable and the rooms were cleaned every 2/3 days and the maid was always very friendly! Overall the apartments were clean, comfortable and very inviting
Malia strip is about a 10/15 minute walk away once you know how to get to it, which makes it very easy to get to but far enough away to have a peaceful rest during the day. I would DEFINITELY recommend the studio owners bar 'Brits Bar'. George is a lovely man who will welcome you with open arms, giving people who stay at his studios and respect them deals on drinks! He was always smiley and welcoming towards us and made our holiday brilliant!!
We are hoping to return next summer to Newcastle Studios, fantastic accommodation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newcastle Studios is situated in Malia Old Town, a 10-minute walk from the Malia bar strip. All the rooms are self-catering and have balconies. There is a large swimming pool with bar on site. Rooms available are for groups of two or three. Each features a private bathroom and a TV. There is also the option of air conditioning and safe. The beach is about a 25-minute walk (1.5Km). Those wishing to just chill by the pool, can relax by the spacious sun terrace. Pool tables and a pool-side snack bar with satellite TV are featured. The modern, well-maintained Newcastle Studios are the perfect base for exploring the myriad of bars, restaurants and nightclubs lively Malia has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Newcastle Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newcastle Studios Hotel Malia
- Newcastle Studios Malia, Crete