“Good food great service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Description: ph. 04 32 52 03 88
Description: ph. 04 32 52 03 88
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I had lunch today at Du Pain Sur La Planche in Coustellet, France. Since the mistral was blowing hard we opted to eat inside instead of on the terrace. I enjoyed a filet of beef which was served with a large helping of some of the best frites I have ever eaten. They were plump and perfectly cooked right out of the fryer. My steak was tasty and perfectly cooked. The salad with dijon vinaigrette was fresh, crisp and generous. My wife ordered a salad which was accompanied with a huge mushroom stuffed with meat and herbs, some toast with crab on top and a fresh half of mellon with prosciutto. We also enjoyed a carafe of nice blush wine. The wine was 1 euros, my steak meal was 19 euros and my wife's salad platter was 16 euros. The meals are delightfully served on rectangular plates which look like slate. After a lovely lunch we went across the street to the Chocolat Castelain shop and purchased some chocolates for dessert.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

69% Recommend
Morges, Switzerland
“Very nice lunch in Coustellet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a light lunch here on our first ay in Provence. The food was nice, in generous portions. Service was ok, though not outstanding. A lovely meal outside on the terrace, accompanied by a nice glass of the white house wine. Great place for a not too fancy meal out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Hague, The Netherlands
“A Plate full with delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The name of the restaurant is : Du pain sur la planche.
Nice restaurant with good food and dessert f.e. the cafe gourmand (coffee with a selection of all the dessert). Nice atmospehre

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere