“Great value, great menu, fantastic food.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Figeac
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Diego
“Great value, great menu, fantastic food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our hotelier suggested this restaurant a on a back street a 5-minute walk away, saying "Tres bon, et bon prix." After we shared a small order of escargot, I had spaghetti carbonara which was the best I have had outside of Italy, at 9 Euro. My wife had "Welsh" which turned out to be sort of like Welsh Rarebit, ham on bread under beer fondu with a fried egg. Fabulous. A great Cahors half-bottle of Malbec. 43 Euro total. Wow. The other half of the place is basically a great pizza joint. A wide range of dishes to satisfy any desire. I saw a dessert go by that I regretted not ordering, mini-eclairs with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. This is a dependable place.

• Visited December 2012

Fuerteventura
“Very popular place. Very good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We are just back from a trip to Dordogne. In Figeac we ate at the Restaurant del Portel. We arrived just after it opened for the evening and it was just as well because it became busier and busier as the evening went on. And this was October. Most of the people, though, seemed to be locals which is a always a good sign. Booking may be a good idea.
Reviewers have already mentioned how good the pizzas were. One of us had the Pizza Sicilienne and it was excellent. I had the 300gr Entrecote steak. It was excellent. I asked for it to be blue and that was how it came. It came with what seemed like hand cut frites on the premises. The half litre pichet of rouge was also very good. Overall it was very good value for money for 33.90 Euros.
Would definitely go back again

• Visited October 2012
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Excellent Moules frites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Whenever we are in the Figeac area this restaurant is always on our "must do" list. The mussels this time were, as always, excellent. This was probably our tenth or eleventh visit and hope it will not be our last.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olympia, WA
“Figeac Favorite for all the right reasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

A truly delightful Figeac discovery with spectacular menu featuring delicious Foie Gras, Duck Confit, and a huge variety of other specialties. In the outside dining area, on a very hot August afternoon, late lunch at Del Portal proved to be one of best we had in 10 day France stay. The ice cream for dessert was some of best we’ve ever had, anywhere! If exquisite French cuisine is on the Figeac list here's a chance to check it off!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Idaho
“Best address in Figeac.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I had dinner here July 9 with two French friends. I ordered mussels in saffron. They are the small fresh ones from the north of France. And lots of them. One of my friends ordered a pizza with seafood. I had a slice, fresh and delicious. They have a big wood pizza oven and the pizza is made right there. You can see them making it. So maybe it takes a minute or two longer but I think worth it. My other friend was ordered the plate of the day, steak tartar. What a nice presentation. He said that he wouldn't normally order it on summer but the restaurant was so clean when he saw it delivered to the table next to us he wanted nothing else. We were all very happy with the food, price and I personally loved the servers. They were working so hard, they cover a lot of tables. I prefer a business that keeps prices reasonable so I can afford to go more often even if means I wait my turn. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere