“Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Interesting food and the most atmospheric venue in the town. You may eat under the stars - a problem if it rains but very rare. Interesting flavours and good service. Also now a tapas bar undercover in a warren of rooms linking two streets

Visited May 2014

Brewster, New York
“Great place for locals but not if you are a tourist.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

A charming, tiny restaurant in the historic part of Pezenas. The restaurant was filled with local people, chatting, smoking and having a good time. We felt like outsiders and were treated that way. The waiter did not engage with us at all. He served us our wine, food and that was it. My husband had duck which was dry and my meal was just okay. Since there are so few restaurants open during February, we returned again and it was just the same.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, New Zealand
“Went home hungry”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had been recommended this restaurant, and went there for a special occasion. The menu board was not explained to us, in either French or English. ( 2 French, 3 English, one with good French). It was placed in a position where we could not see it. We had w to get up, and put it on a chair. We ordered a meal. As a vegetarian, I ordered an entree as a main course, which came très petite, but charged as a main meal. One dish was discussing, a raw egg soup with ham bits floating in it. I complained about it, and refused to pay for it. I was told, I could not decide what I could or could not pay for, and they threatened to call the police! 3 out of 5 of us left the restaurant hungry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've eaten here on a few occasions and have to say it's my favourite in Pezenas. The menu changes daily so the food is always fresh, although there's not a huge selection, it's beautifully presented and delicious.

The staff are friendly and very patient in allowing me to practise my bad French and helping to assist me with any translation required. It's frequented by locals and tourists alike and provides a warm casual atmosphere.

If you're in Pezenas, it's worth your while to try here at least once.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Umberleigh, United Kingdom
“Ruined by illegal smoking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We ate in Le Comptoir des Palmiers, inside in the bar. The room was completely enclosed, and we checked that it was completely non-smoking. The waitress asured us that it was, but during the meal lit a cigarette and smoked it in front of us, as did the man preparing food behind the bar and one customer, out of about twelve people in the room. The tapas were good, but our appetites and sense of taste were blunted by the cigarette smoke.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere