“Like a school dining room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 65 Restaurants in Pezenas
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Walsall
“Like a school dining room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We came here because the place opposite, which had been recommended was shut. We ordered a rose wine from the menu, but got a red one instead. Moules mariniere were brought in a little bowl without anything to empty the shells into, and chicken had not been properly cooked. When we pointed all this out to the waitress, all we got was a shrug. Not a place I would recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newry
“Street Scene”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

On the corner of a busy square in the old town. If you want to eat and people watch this is the place. Service is slow and the food is average. Choose the fixed price menu and a bottle of rose de provence. Watch the world go by. If the set menu looks insufficient order a large plate of frites

Visited August 2012
Toronto
“Decent food and a reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I should preface my comments by saying that we ate at La Pomme d'Amour on Bastille Day before going to the fireworks. As a consequence, our experience may not be typical. We reserved the same day, and were told we could have 7 or 9 PM. We chose 7 PM and when we arrived were give what I would consider to be the best table on the terrace which is on the edge of the main square. There are several fixed price menus. The mussel first course is a house specialty and is very good. Main courses and desserts were OK, but not special. The service was a bit harrassed, but we had no serious complaints. Despite the fact that they were very busy, there was no pressure to leave quickly once we had finished. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves and thought it was decent value at the price.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Could be so much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Waiting staff rushing about and so ineffective... too long before the order was taken, and then too long before the food arrived. When it did come, the food was quite average, though the house wine surprisingly above average. Would choose a different restaurant should we return.

• Visited July 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant and fab service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

First Impressions.

This cosy little restaurant located in Rue Ap Allies, Pezananz and it is a little gem. We found this place by accident, however, it was a great find. The staff were outstanding, the food fantastic and it is located in a square quaint little square along with many other restaurants.

The Food & Service.

When we arrived the restaurant was very busy but we were seated and drinks brought to the table with the minimum of fuss. It was fantastic to sit and drink the local wine in a relaxing atmosphere whilst we browsed the menu on a glorious summer’s day. My wife and I went for the same dish on each course which is very unusual but we were delighted that we did. For starters we had Scallops St Jacques, they were delicious, well cooked and an ample portion. This was followed by Moules Roquefort served in a large bowl smothered in Roquefort cheese, it was simply delicious. For desert I had to have Îles flottantes (Floating Island) this is a special dish in France and I was not disappointed by the quality of the dish and I have tried many different recipes.

Overall

This was an outstanding restaurant that ticked almost all the boxes for me. Great service and fantastic food in a comfortable atmosphere, I did not want to leave the restaurant.

Service- 10/10