I will echo other reviews and keep this brief
Second stay at this hotel and it maintains high standards just like stay in 2011
If you want ultra modern and high octane nightlife then forget coming here.
Columbia Beach Hotel is located in Pissouri Bay and apart from some shops and few poor restaurants there is not much here. Columbia Hotel is next door and you can use their facilities.
The hotel, the rooms and all facilities are spotlessly clean with all the things you need and could ask for. Rooms are furnished in classic manner.
Staff, which there are many nationalities, are pleasant and courteous
Food in main restaurant is excellent for lunch and dinner with a varied menu with good quality food and huge portions. I would recommend the half board option as the restaurants nearby are largely poor. Contrary to other reports we enjoyed our Italian food in Bacchus and if you stay half board you get 17 euros towards meal. Breakfast equally good with all the food you can imagine
Pool is excellent and you can swim into the main building before lunch until the doors shut
Spa is equally good and my wife was highly complimentary of the massage she received
Beach isn't great but the artificial pontoon is great addition to chill out on
A couple of greek guys play traditional music in the main restaurant on a night and there is some entertainment in Bacchus but that's it.
Hotel still fails to enforce towels issue with most beds having towels on prior to breakfast and some left on throughout the day even if guests leave for long spells. This is totally contrary to their policy and they need to enforce it or abolish the policy because some days we were frustrated that we could not get decent beds pool side or beach
I didn't like the endless 80's pop music droning on in the background some days because it's cheesy and I could even hear it wit my own music playing
In summary, if you want to go away and chill out for a week and don't plan on leaving the hotel, unless you have a car, then Columbia Beach Resort is a must.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5* Award winning Spa Resort on the south west coast of Cyprus, on the Bay of Pissouri. The architecture is derived from Cypriot roots of culture and tradition. The craftsmen used are all local and brought with them skills handed over through their generations. The Hotels merge harmoniously with the environment, like a chameleon, due to the local stone and wood used. The roofs are typical of the region. These "Reflections" are strongly felt in the interior warmth of the rooms and suites. Hebe Spa lies at the heart of the Resort with the 80m lagoon pool flowing right into it; Elemis is the main Spa range offered along with 5 treatment rooms, sauna, plunge pool, Jacuzzi, squash & tennis courts along with an aerobics hall and full activity program.Restaurants offer creative Mediterranean cuisines and Italian Gourmet, with fresh fish from the adjacent west waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri Hotel Pissouri
- Columbia Beach Pissouri
- Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri Cyprus