“One of Dumaguete,s newer offerings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Essencia

You added Hotel Essencia to your Saves list
Hotel Essencia
#39 Real St., Corner San Juan St., Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Dumaguete City
Denver, Colorado
“One of Dumaguete,s newer offerings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I usually stay elsewhere when visiting this enjoyable city. However as it had not yet opened on my last visit. [opened nov 2012] I decided to give it a try.
Being new, everything was very clean, staff were very helpful, the still new promo rates of 1200php for a standard were on par for Dumaguete, which has extremely good hotel values, more than any other place I regularly visit when in the Philippines.
Was an enjoyable stay. I would recommend along with several others, this city has to offer

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I visited Dumaguete twice this year and I stayed in this boutique Essencia Hotel. There is nothing really special with the place but I have to say that it is clean - maybe because it is new. Clean bed sheets, fresh towels... There was a problem with the shower, it was difficult to moderate the water temperature. They also do not serve breakfast, but hey for the price, it is still a good deal. you can just take a walk going to the famous Boulevard, or to the nearby restaurants, spa. I would stay here again should I make a visit to Dumaguete.
staff needs training, they were always running around like headless chicken whenever there were more than two people queuing at the front desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
alberta, canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Newer hotel 5 blocks from the waterfront 2 blocks from market. Rooms are modern looking, but construction quality seems a little lacking- eg) cracked tiles in shower. Beds are extremely hard even compared to the other hard beds of the Philippines. Agoda had a lower rate then walk-in and hotel couldn't match it. Hotel has no info for tourists, maps of town etc, so head to Harlod's Mansion to book tours and don't pay over 20pesos for a trike ride anywhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this spanking new hotel in the heart of Dumaguete over the weekend. At their current rates (promo rate?) this place's amenities and service are hard to beat. Rooms are modern with comfy beds, cool airconditioning, free wifi, free coffee in room, free water(from dispenser outside room), nice bathroom and shower. What more can you ask? Restaurant downstairs serves delicious chinese food. Service from all hotel employees we encountered was eager and couteous. And there's ample basement parking and some out the front entrance. I can nitpick but I won't because at these prices this is it for me in dumaguete.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marikina City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Essencia for 6 days last December. They are still on their soft-opening period, with good promo rates. I availed of their free service from airport to the hotel. Unfortunately, their shuttle from the hotel to the airport has a fee. :(
Anyways, the staff are very accomodating and courteous. The rooms are well-designed and spacious and clean. The location is good. Walking distance to the "Boulevard", where you can unwind during the night. There are several restaurants and establishments near it like the famous "silvanas".
I never got to try the food in their restaurant. And I hope they get to include free breakfast in their rooms packages.
Overall,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We read about this new hotel in Dumaguete and decided to give it a try. We booked using the contact form on their website (http://hotel-essencia.com/) and received prompt replies. Pickup from the airport or seaport was included so we arranged pickup at the seaport. This went smoothly and was a great start to our stay.

The hotel is brand new and quite beautiful. Everything was as depicted in the photos on their website and we were really happy with our room. We booked a standard room and we had a window into the hallway/atrium rather than outside. But we didn't mind as it gave us some escape from the street noise and allowed us to sleep in a bit. I think a deluxe room would probably get you a window to the outside.

There were many pros:
-brand new and extremely clean
-great shower and bathroom (lots of counter space)
-free water (from a cooler in the hallway)
-refrigerator/minibar
-coffee making facilities in the room
-free wifi (fast!)
-elevator
-friendly and polite staff
-great AC that was very quiet
-secure underground parking
-accepts credit card

cons:
-they would only give us one room key (which made things difficult if we weren't spending the day together)
-beds were not set in place and moved around a bit when tossing and turning
-street noise (though most hotels in Dumaguete will have this problem)

They also had room service which was nice, though there is a +20% charge. We ordered pad thai one night which wasn't that great, but regardless it was nice to have the room service available. We didn't visit the restaurant otherwise.

The hotel is in a pretty good location. It's not as close to the waterfront as some of the other hotels but it's still within walking distance. Lee Plaza supermarket and McDonalds are just a couple blocks away.

Overall, this hotel was a great choice. The cons were quite minor but I thought I would mention them anyway. We would absolutely recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again!

p.s. make sure to try KRI restaurant on SIlliman ave. Their bacon, blue cheese and truffle oil burger is AMAZING!

Room Tip: Standard rooms get you a window to the hallway. Maybe book a Deluxe room if you want a window to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Essencia for one week. For the first couple of days we stayed in a family room and the remaining days in a matrimonial room.
They are in their soft opening stage with very good promo rates. The hotel is very new and clean, every room smells nice, spacious, well-designed (zen) and conducive to relaxation. The staffs are very accommodating. The only down side is that they don't have room service for food, there is however a restaurant on the ground floor.
Would I come back and stay again? Definitely! I think it is currently the best hotel in Dumaguete City.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Hotel Essencia? Share your experiences!