“So so place , average food.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dong Juan

Dong Juan
South Road, Kalindangan, Dumaguete Business Park, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Philippine
Dumaguete City, Philippines
“So so place , average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We rate the food as quite average. The service was fine. One of the few times we have ever been asked if out meal was O.K.. I had the burger with bacon/cheese and fries. The burger was average. We found the indoor seating to be vey uncomfortable and somewhat cramped and poor accoustics, so if anyone is talking it echoes a lot and hard to hear the person you are sitting with.
Too hot for us to eat outside. A return visit for us is unlikely. But to each their own. You can always try it and decide for yourself.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“good dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We always eat out and whenever we dine at Dong Juan's, we enjoyed our food. Very good Crispy Pata, tender and crispy at the same time. We like also their Fried Rice. Yumm! And the ice tea is so refreshing. Fast service is also a plus.

Visited January 2013
Cebu City, Philippines
“Best Burger in Dumaguete”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've been to Dong Juan several times a week since it opened and consider their burgers and burger steak the best in town. Their burgers are large, so large in fact it's hard to eat it like a regular burger, but they are still great. The chili burger is a must try if you like hot and spicy. If you don't want the bun and usual burger extras, try the burger steak. It's the same large burger with mushroom gravy which goes great with a side of rice. Speaking of rice, they have a special fried rice that might seem expensive, but it can feed 4-6 as a side dish or several as a complete meal. It's the best fried rice I've had in a long time. I've tried most of their pasta dishes and all were very good.
My only complaints are that they have WiFi and filtered water, but they are only for the staff. Letting customers use the WiFi wouldn't cost the owner any extra and serving filtered water to customers would only be about one peso a glass. If you want clean drinking water you have to pay 400% markup for bottled water.
Service is typical for the area. The waiter hovers over you until you order than after the food is delivered (in no particular order) you never see them again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“overpriced Filipino dishes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

It's at the Al Fresco area of Robinsons--right between Hukad and Kalikaf. I was told the owners of Hukad and Don Juan are the same. Whether it's true or not, it's doesn't matter. I had high hopes for this place. I ordered Cream Dory fillet (burnt and the coating was chewy). The fries which served as a side-dish was so-so. I didn't eat it. The tartar sauce was the only good thing there. Even the Calamares proved to be another disappointment. I don't think I'm ever going back unless someone invites me there for lunch or dinner. I prefer Hukad, food-wise. Dong Juan is cleaner, though. For the record, both places are overpriced.

Visited September 2012