“Toilet Seats Not Included” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Island's Leisure Boutique Hotel and Spa - Dumaguete

You added Island's Leisure Boutique Hotel and Spa - Dumaguete to your Saves list
Island's Leisure Boutique Hotel and Spa - Dumaguete
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Hibbard Avenue | Bantayan, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental 6200, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 42 Dumaguete City B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Toilet Seats Not Included”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The highlight of our room - No toilet seat. I know you think I might be joking, but nope, no toilet seat. When I inquired about this apparent bonus piece of equipment to help us go about our daily business I was told, "Oh ya, I forgot about that, I'll fix it tomorrow." Forgot about the toilet seat? Fix it tomorrow? Now for me a place that advertises itself as a Boutique Hotel and Spa would seem to provide toilet seats standard. I do see a pic on TripAdvisor with a toilet seat, is this extra? Instead we were dismissed to hover in our mosquito infested bathroom. A western toilet converted to a squatter, I guess we were supposed to look at it as the best of both worlds, or perhaps a cultural experience in the Island Leisure Boutique.
On the note of mosquitos, we had a nice little colony of them in our room. Now I know these pesky vermin can be hard to deal with, but typically I find them in places with a lack of hygiene. I would say it is possible they were breeding in the stagnant open water source in our bathroom, i.e. the toilet with no toilet seat.
The other theory is that perhaps these mosquitos were breeding in our bed. In our bed you ask? Yes, in our bed. Our sheets had a peculiar wet spot which I would like to think of as water for peace of mind, but to be honest was about the size and general area of where perhaps a staff members rear would have rested on our bed before arrival. When I approached the front and told them that our sheets were wet we had the following dialog -
"Um, excuse me, but our sheets are wet."
"No they aren't sir, your sheets are not wet."
"They aren't wet?"
"No sir, I think you're wrong."
At this point my travel companion came out of the room and gave the guy some eyes of fury which did set him on a course of action to change the sheets. Ten minutes later we had a gentlemen in to change our sheets who was very nice and asked if there was anything else that he could do. When I asked about the toilet seat however he gave me eyes that said, "sucks to be you, but I don't have a spare toilet seat sitting around." I appreciated the sympathetic eyes.
Overall I would like to thank the Island Leisure Boutique Hotel and Spa for an amazing quad, glut, and calf workout. For honing my ninja skills by providing small flying creatures for me to swat out of the air. Also, last, but not least, for demonstrating your attempt at a Jedi mind trick. "Your sheets are not wet."
Above everything they lived up to the Leisure in their name in that making our stay accommodating was really something they had to do at their leisure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bohol, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

It was my first time in Dumaguete when I stayed in this Hotel. The rooms were clean, interior designs were magnificently made. Staffs are friendly and hospitable. Room rates are not overpriced. I would highly recommend this hotel for your Dumaguete Escapade!

Room Tip: Premiere Suite is the best!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Silay City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We didn't expect that we will find excellent service in such a small place. Looks can be deceiving indeed. It was a perfect place for us since we wanted privacy, personalized service, good food & accessibility. We were happy but sad at the same time cuz it felt like leaving home. We'll surely book the same place in our next Dumaguete escapade. Congratulations to the owners & the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bacolod, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Spending the Holy Week in Dumaguete City with the whole family was a great time to bond and relax. Staying at Islands Leisure Boutique Hotel along Hibbard Ave. was a very good decision. It's a cozy place for the whole family to stay. And the staff are efficient, accommodating, and friendly. - Gladys G

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I recently spent 5 days based here and I can't believe how lucky I was to stumble upon this place. The grounds are so beautiful and relaxing, and the staff are just amazing - so helpful and genuine. The restaurant is lovely as well - overall this hotel is incredible value all around! Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I recently went on a long-overdue 3D/2N holiday in Dumaguete together with my sister, my son and his girlfriend. Found this quaint and charming boutique hotel along Hibbard Road which I came to love at first sight. I instantly fell for its artsy interiors with its eclectic mix of Asian and Western influences. The creative mind behind this place is simply a genius! Every corner lovingly designed and cared for. Service is also impeccable, with no less than the CEO attending to your every need! :-) The place is also very accessible via tricycles that ply the route and going around the city is a breeze. And with a free breakfast thrown in, you definitely get good value for your money. Islands Leisure Boutique Hotel and Spa is definitely a rare gem. Go book a room now! - Dette Mackay (Cebu City)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here for 11 nights whilst soaking up Dumaguete and have to say it's easily the best value stay I've ever had.

The staff are very attentive to service and detail, nothing was too much for them, checking if everything is alright, stopping anything they were doing to help you or serve you and always serving with a smile on their face...

The rooms range from simple yet comfortable to a home away from home.
I took the simple option as I was here to dive and explore NOT watch tv in my room. The room was always cleaned, fresh towels etc etc.

There is a lovely little fountain area to relax in whilst you plan what to do whilst here, a wellness spa out the back which does very good Thai massages (my back is in a much better place after that!).

The food is varied and delicious, I sampled quite a few Filipino dishes and found them all filling and satisfying.

The owner is very friendly and invited me to have lunch with them after checking out, which again was another delicious pinoy dish!

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my stay in Dumaguete and would happily recommend Island's Leisure to anyone planning a visit to this island!

Thanks again and I will be back asap!

By the way, when here check out Casaroro waterfall, one of the most amazing places I've ever seen!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Island's Leisure Boutique Hotel and Spa - Dumaguete? Share your experiences!