“My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dumaguete Studio Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dumaguete City
Dumaguete Studio Apartments
You added Dumaguete Studio Apartments to your Saves list
Dumaguete/Palinpinon Road | Barangay Candau-ay, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental 6200, Philippines   |
Quezon City, Philippines
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

When i first came to Dumaguete Studio Apartments, i was really only looking for a place to stay for a week or two, until i knew where to go next on my journey in the philippines. But i ended up staying there for almost 3 months! Throughout my life i have been staying in all sorts of high level resorts and hotels, but i have never encountered an experience of customer service as I did in Studio Apartments. Basically i was treated like family, and whenever a had question or needed a favor, David and has wife Marisa, always tried to help me to the best of their abilities. And in the end, it ended up being quite a number of questions and favors, since it was my first time in the Philippines. But i was always met with a smile and a helping hand. If i were to point out 3 things, that makes this place stand out between all the others, it has to be the level of effort, that the owners, and their staff, put in to make and keep their tenants happy and satisfied. No matter of the tenants period of stay. It could be for one week or one year, the service would be the same. Number two thing, has to be the feeling of the place. Right from the beginning i felt safe, and more than welcome in this place, and as time went by, that feeling grew stronger. Third thing has to be the cleanliness of Studio Apartments. I mean, if you have spent time in the Philippines you know that it is indeed a very very dirty country. By all means. But when you step into Studio Apartments, that image changes. The staff does a wonderful job of keeping this place clean and good looking. I can only hope that my review will make somebody try this place out. I can honestly from my experience, it will be worth the wile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've travelled extensively throughout the Philippines, and was lucky to come across the
Dumaguete Studio Apartments.Our hosts, David and Marisa, were most gracious and kind, the staff very professional and friendly, the grounds very well maintained and organized.In short, it was an oasis in the middle of a bustling city that provides a wonderful respite to all who enter.We enjoyed greatly the month we spent here, and would recommend DSA to anyone.Also, David has strong knowledge of local customs and laws, so if you've got guestions, he's got answers!!

Room Tip: When we we're there, they provided a free motorbike, if you stayed upstairs, it was invaluable!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Studio Apartments for more than 4 weeks while diving at Oslob, Apo and Similan Islands in Dumaguete. I was fortunate to stay here after it was highly recommended by a friend of mine who had stayed here and it far exceed my expectations for what I paid. This is the place I will be staying when returning for my next diving adventure.

Very relaxing atmosphere and the location is nicely tucked away and gives solitude when you need it. The rooms were clean and tidy, air-conditioning icy cold, internet connection first class and cable tv. Bikes were available to rent or a driver if required.
Dave he is a gentlemen and a wealth of information not only on diving spots throughout the Philippines but on life in general. He and his family made me feel welcome and I hope you enjoy it too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

All thumbs up!

My wife and I lived at Studio Apartments for 6 months while we were waiting to get my wife's travel documents. The experienced was fantastic. David and Marisa did everything possible to make our stay comfortable. They were honest and treated us fairly. They also keep the apartments and grounds spotless. We felt "at home" during the entire 6 months and plan to return many more times. The Internet is super fast, and free. The only extras were our electric and cooking gas. For the money, Dumaguete Studio Apartments is the best place to stay in the Philippines.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumaguete City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My Filipina wife and I have stayed at Dave's place several times. Our baby daughter was conceived there. Although children are normally allowed, Dave was very accommodating. Dave is an American and knows how to make Westerners feel at home and provides all of the logistics that a Westerner would need without the hassles. The place is clean, quiet, secure and everything that a visitor might need is available. If you don't see it, just ask. Thanks Dave for all the help.

Al, Dell and Evie.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Mazatlan MX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We found stuido Apts very nice, first ill say it is newand very clean like no other , 2 , David and Marisa go out of there way to see you are happy, 3. if you need anything they will have one of there staff help you get it or they will get it for you, 4. The phone and interent is as good as it gets ,i called severl times to Canada and the USA also to Manila with no trouble. 5. they also have a comon area where you can buy your fav drink i have stayed there with my wife 4 different times and we will be back real soon Bruce and Jenny Alain

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
phnom penh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent 6 weeks at the studio apartments last march 2012,when i went looking for self catering apartments this development ticked all the boxes for me,modern,clean,bright,spacious apartments in a secure walled in complex,Dave the owner is from the Usa and has been living in the Philippines for a number of years and is basically a walking and talking encyclopedia of anything to do with the Philippines,i have lost count of the long conversations i had with Dave from the Philippines to politics and even he shed some light on the reason why whales get beached after an earthquake,the studio apartments had the fastest internet connection of anyway i stayed due to the decision of Dave to install a dedicated fibre optic line for the complex,if i had one complaint about staying at the studio apartments was that i could not stay long enough but i am looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: I likes the upstairs rooms as i had the balcony in the front of my room to myself.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Dumaguete Studio Apartments? Share your experiences!