“Won't be back !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Moon Cafe

Moon Cafe
#7 Silliman Ave. | Near Rizal Blvd., Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dumaguete City, Philippines
“Won't be back !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'd been avoiding Moon over the last few months after having tired of their inconsistent service and serving size. But I went to the Moon at the mall since it was about the only mall food establishment I like at all! (least worst restaurant?)

My chicken fajita order arrives and I see the plate has about 70% chicken on it, and 30% stir fried veggies, instead of the usual 50/50 mix. (serving size/mix is always changing at Moon) I did mention it to the waiter.

As I made my way through the meal, I could see I wasnt going to have enough veggies for the third fajita, so I asked for more veggies.

While I am eating, I see these black hairs mixed in amongst my food, and mention it to the waiter. He takes one and goes back to the cook, then comes back and says, "These aren't hairs, they're bristles off the brush they use to apply sauce or whatever onto the chicken." and then he walks away satisfied that's been taken care of! AS IF THATS OK TO GET A PLATE OF BRUSH HAIRS MIXED IN WITH YOUR FOOD!?

Then, when I get the bill, I see I am charged p20 for the veggies that were missing in the first place!

Moon is downsizing the portions instead of keeping portions the same and just raising the price now and then. People understand prices go up, but they do not like getting less for the same price.

Then when I asked for A-1 steak sauce, the girl brings a bottle in from outside (in the heat). I point out to her the label says keep refrigerated for best flavor, She replies "We don't keep these in the refrigerator", and I add that even keeping inside in the aircon would be a good start. She looks at me totally confused, or was it just wondering why it all mattered etc.

Clueless waitresses are another let down. It's not rocket science
The bizzarro service one get in this town never fail to surprise. Blame the local people who never complain about ANYTHING, so (surprise!) nothing gets better, it just gets worse.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Caloocan
“Delicious, affordable baby back ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I ate at their Robinson's mall branch for dinner and ordered the baby back ribs. It was cheaper than what most restaurants charge for baby back ribs at only 199 pesos, but tasted delicious. Portions were enough to make you full. One drawback was my meal was a little colder than what I used to have. It gave me an idea that this was already pre-cooked prior ordering. Which may also explain that my food did come fast.

Anyway, the ambiance is great, very artsy fans and a fountain inside the restaurant. You can also choose al fresco dining. Also, the staff was very polite.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“Our favorite restaurant in Dumaguete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I just simply love their steak and my boyfrind's favorite baby back rib.We keep on coming back in this restaurant.Keep it up guys,service is good too.Highly recommended.

Spokane, Washington
“Best Beer deals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

There are 2 moon cafes in Dumaguete City: One in Robinson's Mall and one in Silliman Avenue. I would recommend the Moon Cafe in Silliman Avenue. Place is great, close to the boulevard, great staff, great food, and you have beer deals every once in a while. Last October, me and my husband were fortunate enough to avail of the "2-5PM drink-all-you-can Octoberfest beer deal for only 99Php. That's pretty cheap. I would also recommend the baby back ribs...the meat on this dish melts in your mouth, believe it or not. Very tasty, I say.
Average but decent enough mexican food.

Visited November 2012
Dauin
“It is lunch time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very fresh design, super-polite service and lots of items in menu. Apparently popular place for city youth.

Visited November 2012