“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Honeycomb Tourist Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dumaguete City
Honeycomb Tourist Inn
You added Honeycomb Tourist Inn to your Saves list
Rizal Boulevard corner Dr. V. Locsin St., Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental 6200, Philippines   |
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Dumaguete City
New York, New York
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The staff here is extremely friendly and helpful. I walked in without a reservation (having left my resort hotel room elsewhere in town due to limitations there.) They worked out a room that I could stay in all week without switching. The room rate was really great. The downside for me was that the room available was the "noisy one" (Room 19) The staff warned me up front that the nightclub noise might be a problem in this room, but I opted to take it anyway. It is noisy, but I live in a first-floor apartment in New York City with the fire station two blocks away, so I am used to sleeping through noise. (I was amazed that the drummer downstairs could beat that bass drum like that for hours. That was about the only noise I could hear.) The room was clean and fairly well maintained, although a bit small for a room intended for three people. There were NO dresser drawers, which is really a problem for anyone with a long stay. Since I was alone, I had to use the single bed as a luggage stand and live out of my suitcase for 5 days. I don't think the room would work for three people. The room comes with a free breakfast; the breakfast is good, but scarce by western standards. You can always order extras at additional cost, but the food is so inexpensive it's not a big deal. WiFi worked well in the room and was very reliable. The lobby is open 24 hours, and there is a security guard on duty in the lobby at all times. Being right on Rizal Boulevard is a big plus for this hotel, and being right next door to the very popular Why Not restaurant, bar, nightclub is very convenient.

Room Tip: If you need quiet at night, don't take room 19.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Iloilo City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

It's not fancy but has all the amenities - TV , a/c, hot shower, bar/nightclub , restaurant , location and very friendly staff. Best for an in expensive stay but with everything you'd expect from a top end hotel. You can walk to pretty much everything in town but it's location right on the waterfront strip makes it ideal . Anyone who complains about this place needs to go back to the Hilton and stay there. My only complaint was that they need to install better blinds in room #16 but the way they recycled the house and turned it into a full service hotel was excellent. I've never seen a victorian style house like this before and the place shows its age but they've done a great restoration job.

Room Tip: Nothing extravagant or fancy - just the basics with wooden floors - not the Hyatt Regency or Hilton...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Olongapo, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Inn is on the main street along the water. It is right in the middle of numerous cafes and restaurants. Particularly good is a bakery/cafe around the corner. The park across the street is clean and enjoyable for an early morning jog or an evening stroll. The town plaza, small malls/shops, and Silliman University are close by. Complimentary breakfast was a nice way to start the day. Our party of four had to leave early and were accommodated at 6:00am. An attached sports bar was relaxing. Staff (particularly Jerlyn at the front desk) were friendly and helpful. For the cost of only P1000 per couple, this is a great value. We will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
davao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

As a walk-in guest, I checked-in and checked-out 10 minutes later.

I was surprised to see the staff bringing an air freshener when she showed me the room. She was spraying along the way until we reached the room. It indeed needs that air freshener! The hallway and room smell foul.

I requested for another room at a higher rate but there was still odor. The comfort room is dirty. Bad smell, dirty comfort room, noise of the passing motorcyles (the inn is in the street corner) -- more than enough to spoil my much needed sleep. So, I checked-out 10 minutes later. I didn't argue for a refund.

I paid for another room accomodation at a hotel just accross the street. And it was good enough.

If you plan to stay in this inn, be sure to see and smell the room first!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

my team of 18 arranged for rooms in this inn but realized that we would be unable to maximize our compli bfast since the front desk has severely mentioned that the coffeeshop only opens at 6 am and could not accomdate a packed bfast. we were taking the 6 am fastcraft to siquijor.unlike other hotels that we stayed in as a group ( we normally travel in big groups 2x a year), they were very difficult to negotiate with, they just told us bfast is forfeited. we had wanted to avail of it the following day coming from siquijor! and they also did mot agree to the rate adjustment! poor customer service indeed!! if ur looking for a place to stay where customer experience is first on the list... this is NOT it!

• Stayed December 2011
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

As part of my job as Engineer, I was assigned in Dumaguete to execute one of our project. I and my colleague reached this peaceful city after a 4 hour land travel from Bacolod with our service vehicle. At first we don’t know where to stay as we are not familiar with the place. We visited the local tourism office of Dumaguete and we’re given the complete list of hotels and resorts. We’ve settled our first night at Coco Hotel but we are not satisfied with the quite ambiance of Coco Hotel. Next day, we explored some other hotels that will give us satisfaction for our more than 1 month stay. Until we found Honeycomb hotel, with the location fronting the sea, bar with sing along and billiards, below 0 beers, and the most charming Jerlyn – the front desk officer that gave more than enough reason to stay in Honeycomb. Of course this Hotel is not a 5 star hotel but the price really worth. Also, do try the Crispy Pata. It’s the tastiest Crispy Pata that I’ve ever taste. During our stay (2010 and 2011) they had acoustic nights every Thrursday night.

Room Tip: Room 1 and 2 is a good choice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

this hotel has historical background, so it looks like an old mansion from outside with a touch of modern design inside, but the old structure remains the same.the old door the old staircase, the old floor, all adding up to the beauty of the hotel.The staff specially Gerlyn is very nice to talk to.and knows the city very well.The coffee shop serves good breakfast specially the local chorizo.is a must try.the room is spacious for 2 and at a budget price,altho there's some noise from nearby club in the early evening, it still provides good quality sleep because of the cold aircon.the place is just across the boulevard where early in the morning people are walking and jogging, and watch the beautiful sun rise.It's also near shopping mall like lee mall,and all the eateries around the area.and silliman university museum.It's 15 minutes to the airport by tricycle.very nice place indeed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Honeycomb Tourist Inn? Share your experiences!