“A Little Paradise - Sea Forest Resort!” 4 of 5 stars

Sea Forest Resort
Ajong | Sibulan, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines   |
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Dumaguete City
Newbridge, Ireland
“A Little Paradise - Sea Forest Resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was so delighted to have chosen this very friendly and family oriented resort. I spent a wonderful 8 night stay there. The locale of this delightful resort is within easy reach of all the many beauty spots Negros Oriental has to offer. Situated off the main highway. The grounds of the resort has many exotic birds perched in large aviaries, a big attraction to the many visitors that visit this charming and friendly resort. Pools that are enjoyed by the many families that frequent this idyllic spot, families that enjoy picnicking in the many thatched huts that shade them from the heat of the Philippine sun. The atmosphere of this delightful resort is both friendly and relaxing, the staff too are most accommodating and friendly. Transport is in easy reach to where ever you want to be and very fares very reasonable. We will certainly be staying here again next year, this time for a while longer!!

Room Tip: A room facing the ocean, lovely sunsets and sun rises, great view of the island of Cebu. Having your...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The Sea Forest resort is great for family day trips . At a price of 100 pesos per person entrance fee , you can enjoy their pools and slides and even the beach . The kids enjoy swimming and playing here. The food is reasonably priced , tastes ok but not exceptional . I cannot rate their rooms because it has been years since I stayed here overnight . Service is ok but slow at times . Beach is rocky and painful to the feet so bring beach shoes . The cottages are native and cute . They even have tree houses ! It is a fun place so there are always a lot of kids and adults who pretend to be kids :)

• Stayed June 2013
Luganville, Vanuatu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked 3 family rooms and 1 deluxe room with a great sea view for a Family Christmas celebration together with my younger brother's 9th birthday last year. And it was absolutely fun time for us specially for my family. My folks are really enjoying it. And it's quite affordable too. All in all I paid 28,000 pesos for 25 people with all the extras. It was great. And probably the best Christmas I've ever had in my life.

Room Tip: Sea view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dumaguete City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I have been coming to SF for years. A few months ago, I came here alone on the spur of the moment without bringing my swimming suit..

They have a lot of suits to rent-typically p20 rental fee. I couldn't find one in the selection baskets to fit my not oversized 180lb frame; they finally found one, but said it was going to cost me p100. I paid the higher fee just so I could get into the pool and cool off.

The next time I went, I was forced to pay a higher entrance fee an the price on the their website

When I emailed to complain about the entrance fee and previous swim suit rental fee, they at first claimed their website guy was "unavailable" and denied that I had been charged p100 for the suit.

Where I come from, the ADVERTISED PRICE is what the price is! No excuses! If your webmasteris unavailable for two weeks? thats the not the concern of the customers. You are obligated to only charge the lowest advertised fee!

When they emailed back again about the swimming suit overcharge, they said something like, 'We'd hate to call you a liar' and the classic, 'its not much money for you' reply, along with something about how it'd come out of their pay...

I don't care - I was over charged! But since the owner is Japanese and doesn't speak much English, complaints just end up dying rather than being corrected.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
dumaguete
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Unfortunately, this was another trip which was NOT to be. We know Sea Forest, having visited it several times as a day trip destination from our homed in Dumaguete. We were so pleased previously, that we wished to try it for a weekend stay and booked according.

On arrival and during registration, when we were prepared to pre-pay the anticipated account in full, which is a common practice here, an additional cash deposit was demanded.

WHOA! TILT! This caused us to walk away. This apparent "policy" is predatory and not acceptable to us. Where else would you pay 125% of the cost of a service?

What is ironic is that we could have prepaid the entire stay through an agency and avoided this situation entirely.

We encourage travellers to avoid this property entirely until it recognizes the error of its ways and conforms to standard business practice.

This is indeed unfortunate. SEA FOREST can and should do better.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baguio, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is a great place to stay in if you want to get away from it all yet stay connected in case you miss it. The place had everything we could've wanted in a resort. A decent beachfront, the view of nearby Cebu, a quite spacious, clean & comfortable room, various swimming pools, lots of shade from the Junglebook-esque theme (with cottages and tree houses in most of the giant trees surrounding the water park area) to the educational side of it, the aviary that was filled with exotic birds like the horn bill, osprey, cockatoos and so much more).

It's also not far from the airport/ town (our trip took about 10-15 mins). The rates were quite decent too. Staff was very helpful, courteous, anxious to please and quick on their feet, so that was a big plus as well. The resort's restaurant serves regular Filipino fare with burgers and sandwiches for the less adventurous. Taste was decent and the prices won't break the bank. I highly recommend the kinilaw na tanguigue sa gata. Also try the local ice cream brand Panda (available at the resort) and be surprised at how this was so much better than the big commercial brands we have in the Philippines.

On the bathroom: they do have a bidet (Attention: Bellarocca). Their hot water showers use solar energy and the resort does provide you with basic toiletries. Taking a shower with the view of the sea and the nearby island is kinda cool too.

Now for the gripes. We arrived on a Sunday, and it looked like an elementary or high school had a field trip there, so the pool was rather crowded and the place noisy. This isn't a deal breaker for us but some might find this situation uncomfortable. Later that night, some guests decided to avail themselves of the karaoke machine and their singing could be heard in our room (probably cos our room was at the end closest to them). Again, tolerable but testing the limits of my zen. The next morning came close to breaking it as we woke up to the chirping and chatter of the birds that call this place home. The noisy kids and Idol wannabes were nowhere to be found during the rest of our stay and we got used to the birds eventually, which is why I rank this place so highly.

Definitely great value and would stay here when I return. Highly recommended, but beware of the neighbors.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Laguna, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

If you are looking for a place to enjoy, relax and unwind in Dumaguete, then go to Sea Forest. They got nice rooms, nice pools and slides which are children friendly. Food is also nice. The resort personnel are courteous and friendly and they are available to help (room attendants, waiters, lifeguards and counter clerks). We wish they have smaller rooms with tv also. They got WI-FI too! It is near the airport (about 15 mins) and they give free shuttle from and to the airport. My son and I would love to stay there again when we go back to Dumaguete.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are large and sunny.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sea Forest Resort? Share your experiences!