“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Taicang

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Taicang to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Taicang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.288 Shanghai East Road, Chengxiang Town, Taicang 215400, China   |
Ranked #1 of 81 hotels in Taicang
Rio de Janeiro-Brazil
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

For many years I have visited an old supplier in Taicang, and always stayed in another Hotel (Sovereign Hotel) which was also good. This year he proposed this newly opened Four Points Hotel, closer to the factory. It was a very good change. Hotel is brand new, with comfortable and well decorated rooms (well, decoration according to chinese standards, I should say) and a friendly staff (although just a few of them are English proficient - but this is also usual anywhere in China). Breakfast was great, with choices from traditional chinese cuisine to those westerns are more used to). If possible avoid having your breakfast between 8-9 in the morning, as service quality drops significantly (staff is clearly still under training to deal with peak times). There are some shops in the area, and many under construction, as this is a new development sector of Taicang. Rooms are silent. You may keep with your exercise routine in the fitness center, and have meetings in the many cozy lounges at the huge Reception Hall (drinks also available). I just missed an Executive Area, usually located in upper floors in many 5 star hotels, which could offer more comfort in case you still need to finish some business, or only to have a drink in a calm place after a long day working (actually I am not sure if they already have one, because I could not understand the employee to whom I asked the question and had little time during this stay to check it better). Anyway, no doubt that this is the best option in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I travel to the Suzhou area quite often. I've always had my supplier book my hotel, When I saw that Four Points was opening I was quite happy as a SPG member. Ten times better than any hotel I've stayed at in Taicang! Pleasant staff, Clean room, Clean hotel. The funny thing is I was upgraded to a suite because I'm Platinum with SPG, so I'm used to upgrades. I thought it was funny my upgrade was a very small suite with a round bed room. It was nice but a little cramped. No doors on bathroom just a draw curtain. Usually not an issue, but I had people in my room and a little embarrassing. I didn’t eat the free breakfast or visit any bars or restaurants, however from walking through the lobby they looked very nice and well kept. Many new shops are close and just across the street, however they are still new and very few have opened for business, I imagine that will change very soon, looking forward to it.
I'm going back in about a week or so. I look forward to staying there again. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! Great overall experience. I plan to visit the bar at least try the breakfast. A must stay hotel in Taicang.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Taicang? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Points by Sheraton Taicang

Address: No.288 Shanghai East Road, Chengxiang Town, Taicang 215400, China
Location: China > Jiangsu > Taicang
Ranked #1 of 81 hotels in Taicang
Hotel Class:4 star — Four Points by Sheraton Taicang 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Taicang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Four Points by Sheraton Taicang, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.