“nica and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Paje
Nairobi, Kenya
“nica and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

it was our last 2 nights left in Tanzania and this place was good enough to have a nice and relaxing moments on the beach .Good food it has good value for the money .we never knew how these 2 days went by . we will definitely come and visit Tanzania next year and our kids also enjoyed this place .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have stayed in 3 different places along the beach at Paje now. We stayed here in November 2011 so apologies for only getting round to reviewing now. We had booked an ocean view villa and the room was very spacious and generally clean. The cleaning ladies made a great effort every day creating different flower arrangements on the bed which my G/F loved.
The check-in was very easy and the staff very helpful. The private pool was a lovely retreat when we wanted some quite time off the beach and we would happily sit here with a cold Safari in the early evening.
We only ever ate breakfast and the food was a very typicaly Zanzibarian breakfast which usually consisted of some eggs (spanish omlette, fried or scrambled) and some bread / toast. It did the job without being spectacular and we never had any reason to complain.
We loved watching the cows walking down the beach and that coupled with the fact that we had an unhindered view from our room straight out on to the Indian Ocean was pretty special.
I would happily stay here again; it was certainly value for money although it wouldn't be classed as luxurious. I love the people and Zanzibar so I may be a little biased but I have been to Zanzibar 3 times now and stayed in 6 or 7 different places.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sunshine coast qld
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I left StoneTown Zanzibar with the thought that i would just go to Paje for 2 days with no accommodation booked . Checked out a few hotels and found The lovely Masoud the manager of the Arabian nights hotel i decided this was the perfect place for me. I booked in for 3 days and now i'm still here booked another 3 days I just don't want to leave.
So now about the hotel
I have booked mid range room poolside its just beautiful clean and spacious and the staff are something else . So attentive helpful and honest. The restaurant food is fantastic I had the best spiced prawns ever and so fresh nothing is a problem to them just ask.
Masoud the manager should be proud of the way the place is running he is doing a wonderful job . Well done Masoud and hope the new season is wonderful to you and your amazing staff. I will be back .

Room Tip: just go within your budget . all the rooms are great and they accommodate all levels of budget. . Th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed at Arabian Nights for seven nights March 2012, Suite room closed by to the sea. The room was Amazin!! nice location, very clean, and have it's own private beach! My husband and I we were like at home, early in the morning wake up, and watching the sunrize!!...It was fantastic. Foods at the restaurant was wonderful and the staff was lovely to us, and helpfully. We will deffinitely go there again to have fun. Is a small hotel, but there is a lot of things that you will never experienced them before. I recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to enjoy Zanzibar!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have reviewed many places and am usually really positive, so don't think I'm normally a whinger!

I'd booked to stay here for 4 nights as a treat after our safari April 2012. We arrived from Stone Town by taxi and Mohammed asked for cash for our 4 nights immediately. There was absolutely NO WELCOME or friendliness at all until we had paid.

The room (sea view) was nice and pool too (there is no sea view from pool - Arabian Nights Annex has much better pool), staff were super and room was thoroughly cleaned. Sheets were clean but quite stained. Shame the loungers from the front are too low for sea view too...! With a little bit of effort the front (overlooking sea) could be made lovely. Breakfast was fine.

Would have been really nice to receive a warm welcome - we felt like we were intruding and it really put a downer on our arrival and stay. Also it would be a nice touch to have a bottle or two of water in the room each day - USD $100 per night is a lot to pay and these small touches would have made the difference.

Would really recommend Ocean for food (just behind Airborne) - they are INCREDIBLY friendly (nice change from hotel!) and the food was excellent. Dow Inn also very good food.

*NOTE TO ALL* The only ATMs in Zanzibar currently are in Stone Town and most places - kite surfing/trips included - do not accept card as payment, so make sure you have enough cash before arriving. Paje by night accept card, but food and service was terrible.

Room Tip: Would recommend Sea View room for sunset
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in February this year, the hotel was lovely, nice location and wonderful staffs,. I stayed in Sea view room for two nights and move to Garden room for two nights, the rooms was nice and very privacy. The facilities available in the rooms, you don't have to bring any stuff from home :-) The food are much delicious and waiters are charming all the times. The lounge at Reception is good for relaxing and reading books. I really recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I saw two rooms very closed to the beach, I don't know the names, I think those rooms are wonder...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed four nights at the Delightful "Arabian Nights" after our Safari in Tanzania.The Suite room bungalows are very nice and well decorated on Arabian Style. All the staff and Management team was very charming and helpful to us, they really made our trip well completed. The food was on high standards and the breakfast was the best that was experienced in Zanzibar. I would recommend it as a great place to stay, a small hotel but relaxing area, they have a beautiful beach and view of their rooms are wonderful!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Beach are much better "The suite rooms"
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Arabian Nights Hotel? Share your experiences!