NB: This review is for the Arabian Nights Annex, which is different from the Arabian Nights main building in Paje. Incidentally, don’t be put off by the word “Annex” - it’s great! Also, I’m always suspicious of reviews that “glow” as much as this one. You can check my other reviews to see that this one is authentic...
If you’re a kitesurfer, the Arabian Nights Annex is paradise. The rooms are comfortable and great; they have good mosquito nets; the air conditioning works well; the showers, although quirky, are all that is needed; and the staff are welcoming and really helpful. Also, the views from, I think, all of the rooms are truly amazing!
Paje beach is long, with fine white sand, and with two fantastic kiting lagoons and a long-way-out reef that, I’m told, gives interesting waves.
The waterfront at Paje is really well done. Often, places like this are over-developed, but this isn’t. There’s a nice, low-intensity selection of kitesurfing schools, bars and restaurants, with a cool, backpacker-type, African vibe.
All-in-all, this is one of the best places in the world that I’ve stayed.
- If you’re a kitesurfer, make sure that you go in one of the two trade wind seasons. We had good wind 8 out of 10 days, but I’m told that winds are much more variable when the trade winds aren't blowing.
- If you like coffee, bring your own cafetiere and coffee. Africafe is drinkable, but only just.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Arabian Nights Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Nights Suites Zanzibar/Paje