“FUN FUN FUN , Excellent times” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 attractions in Paje
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
Attraction Details
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
“FUN FUN FUN , Excellent times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Was at Airborne for a week , Jan the owner is an experienced Kite Boarder and takes pride in he’s facility I felt safe throughout the whole experience having my Daughter and wife do their beginners course through airborne , the standard of instruction was high and very professional .
Jan offers Instruction, Kiting Excursions and down winders and rental and storage with WI-Fi the crew at airborne go out of their way to make you part of the family throughout your stay and kiting experience with them!

Will BE back for sure

Visited June 2012

“Good and professional kite school that I would recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I was four/five days at Airborne Kite Centre in Paje, Zanzibar, July 2012. I had only had a three day course in South Africa earlier on. Took a refesher course the first day. Good and professional teacher. Got me up on the board and able to ride both ways.
I rented equipment for two other days, and was looked after although kiting on my own. The last day was quite windy and the kite centre did not have enough small sized kites to rent out, so i had to view the action from the beach - a small dissapointment.

The kite location is good. It has a slight disadvantage with respect to the tides. The current is quite strong, so I tended to end up a bit downwind because I'm new to the game. On low tides it is necessary to walk 1 km upwind because there is no water or too shallow just in front of the school. But all in all a good spot.

I stayed at Arabian Nights. A hotel recommended by the Kite Centre. Very nice, but expensive (50 USD). I am dissapointed that the Kite Centre recommended this, as I clearly stated that I was looking for a budget option. It's cheaper places around.

The guys (Jan, Dan and Janni) were great and easy going. A nice plays to meet fellow kite surfers as well.

I would definetely return to Airborne Kite Centre if I'm going back to Zanzibar for kite surfing - and I will definetely try to go back.

Montreal
“Site & teaching: good. Fee structure: rip-off...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

WARNING TO ANYONE THINKING OF TAKING A COURSE AT THIS CENTRE:
If you have to pay per hour (e.g. because the weak wind prevents you from completing your course), the hourly rate becomes 40% higher than what it would be if you took the 5-hr course! Our group discovered this concealed rip-off after the fact, and the management refused to refund the difference or even acknowledge that their skewed pricing scheme at least deserves disclosure before one decides to sign up.
Not a great memory to be left with, on top of the disappointment from not being able to do the last and most fun part of the course then leaving without the full level-1 certification...

Visited March 2012
London
4 attraction reviews
“Great place - super friendly A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Jan was incredibly friendly, straightforward and helpful as were the rest of staff. They also organised a "Safari Blue" trip we went on which was excellent as we had a boat to ourselves, rather than herded in like many people who booked independently. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Airborne

Visited April 2012