We were based at Ndame for 14 nights and everything was absolutely wonderful.
We opted for a beach-side room with hot water and the location of this was excellent... no more than 10 metres and we were stood on the beach faced with the stunning Indian Ocean!
Rooms were basic but well equipped: storage for clothes, mosquito nets and power outlets. Our room could've done with a larger mirror but not something to mark them down on.
The rooms were also cleaned on a daily basis, with the option of changing towels and linen when you wanted, however we didn't do/need to do this often.
The restaurant was great; we aren't ones to really eat at the same place every night but the food was so good here that we found ourselves eating there 75% of the time. Everything is fresh and cooked so well! We recommend the specials that the restaurant have on each night.
The staff here were also so incredibly friendly and helpful, and the gave the impression that they were more like a family than colleagues.
I found the tide the most fascinating thing whilst staying at Ndame. Sometimes you could swim right next to the place where your sun bed was, other times you could walk out for hundreds of metres in water that barely passed your ankles. And then in what seemed like a matter of minutes, the tide was back in again! Truly amazing!
I would certainly recommend this beach lodge as a place to stay should you ever visit Zanzibar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ndame Beach Lodge in Paje Zanzibar has been a dream beach holiday destination for more than 8 years. Sun-seekers and Indian Ocean lovers from all over the world come to stay with us. Our 14 bungalows with 31 rooms are strung along in lush tropical gardens on the shores of one of the world's most beautiful beaches. Stretching more than 250 m along snow white beaches, where the warm, turquoise waters caress the shores. From Ndame you can start a variety of activities like swimming with the dolphins, kiting, diving, visiting the local markets, snorkeling, learning about local culture and the spices which grow here in abundance. The Arabs called it the Spice Island. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in our restaurant and bar, have a chat with interesting people from all over the world. At times we accommodate guests from more than 20 countries. A much loved highlight is our bonfire grill below the sparkling stars of the southern hemisphere. In our local style beach bar we serve you fresh fruit juices, tasty cocktails or exotic local drinks for the daring. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Hotel Paje
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Paje