A clean, well looked-after complex composed of small banda-style rooms. The location is fantastic seconds from the beautiful white sand beach and Indian ocean.
The staff were all friendly and helpful. A delicious breakfast served is included in the price, this includes pancakes and fresh fruit. The coffee isn't great but this is Tanzania!! The lunch and evening meals in the restaurant were also delicious and speedy (coming from Tanzania we were used to waiting 90mins for a meal, 10-15mins in the hotel was fab!)
I would recommend organising your own taxi when arriving on the island and barter them down... thats what they are used to the suggested $50 through the hotel is very pricey.
A really relaxing place to stay, would return!
Just a note: remember that Zanzibar is still in Africa (-obvious i know!) but a lot of people expect European style service, and you won't find it... patience always help - relax and enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Hotel Paje
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Hotel
- Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar Paje
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ndame Beach Lodge in Paje Zanzibar has been a dream beach holiday destination for more than 8 years. Sun-seekers and Indian Ocean lovers from all over the world come to stay with us. Our 14 bungalows with 31 rooms are strung along in lush tropical gardens on the shores of one of the world's most beautiful beaches. Stretching more than 250 m along snow white beaches, where the warm, turquoise waters caress the shores. From Ndame you can start a variety of activities like swimming with the dolphins, kiting, diving, visiting the local markets, snorkeling, learning about local culture and the spices which grow here in abundance. The Arabs called it the Spice Island. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in our restaurant and bar, have a chat with interesting people from all over the world. At times we accommodate guests from more than 20 countries. A much loved highlight is our bonfire grill below the sparkling stars of the southern hemisphere. In our local style beach bar we serve you fresh fruit juices, tasty cocktails or exotic local drinks for the daring. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Ndame Beach Lodge Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.