“Good food, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Paje
Cuisines: German, African, International, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Lodge on one of Zanzibar's whitest and finest beaches with a laid-back atmosphere, a yummy cuisine and wonderful view of the Indian Ocean. Perfect for couples, families and friends. Welcome in our little paradise on the beach!
Karachi Pakistan
“Good food, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed in Ndame Beach Lodge for 4 nights. The room was basic and clean but the location was fantastic! Right on the beach the best part about this restaurant was th fact that the tables were set up on the beach so you can eat whilst wiggling your toes in the sand! The food was good - I had the best sea food curry which was served inside a coconut. The calamari was also excellent. The people were lovely and very helpful - especially the management. Our room the first night was rather warm and they changed it to a better room with a ceiling fan rather than a pedestal one. I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting Paje Beach.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hans, the Austrian cook really knows how to BBQ fish and meat.
For me it was the best food we could get in Paje, price is average

Visited January 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“visit for diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

we came only for diner - best pizza I had on the island! the restaurant seems a bit old, but you also can sit outside right next to the beach!

Visited October 2012
Iringa, Tanzania
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I didn't stay in this hotel but we ate in the restaurant twice and walked all the way from Bwejuu for it! I would have loved to stay in the hotel actually as it looks lovely, but as we are traveling at the moment we are on a bit of a budget, though I am not sure how much it costs. Food was average price, for Zanzibar, and it was delicious! Once I have the tomato soup with fantastic garlic bread, and then the second time we went I had the Jumbo burger which was huge! I felt like I was in Mexico again eating their American size food! It was lovely though with the best chips I tasted on the whole island and great cheese and coleslaw. For me as a picky eater, and someone who likes their food, I walked away from this place very happy every time! Also the staff were lovely and very friendly and funny!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“the best food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

every once a week a fantastic buffet all you can eat was held in Ndame. Staff and management are very nice, helpful and prompt to help in anything you need. the quality of food at he buffet is always been excellent, and we attended it so far 4 times. another good tips is Jumbo burger, the most delicious burger out Paje and not only. Ask to warm the bread as well.

Visited July 2012