“Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had the most amazing time here. Absolute paradise and a fantastic view of the Indian Ocean. The food was delicious and breakfast was more than substantial. All my needs were met and the service was always with a smile. Paje is a beautiful beach and the hotel was located at the end where it was private and quiet but close enough to restaurants and bars just up the beach. Thank you to Dina who made me feel so welcome and at home. And thank you to everyone who worked there too. Definitely recommend it to all especially honeymooners.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Back again, for the fourth time in 4 years. After the resort burnt down and the owner Dina build it up again i decided to go back again, for several reasons.
Dina and i became friends over the years and we were always in contact and i tried to do my best to help her during the hard time of the new start. She invited me and my girl to her house as soon as it was finished and we got there in october 2014 for 14 days. It was a warm welcome again and as always i met lots of friends that i made over the years and had an absolut great time!!! my girl was overwhelmed by the resort, even though not everything has been finished yet. We knew that some things were still in progress, but when it comes to us, all we need is a cosy bed, a nice beach, sun, good food, good drinks and most of all hospitality in a none mass tourism area. And even though tourism at Zanzibar is developing fast, i recognized so many new resorts were build or are in building process, at Kilima you still have the feeling to be on your own. Beside amazing trips to sunset, snorkeling with the dolphins or the blue safari we enjoyed relaxing at the resort, having some good cocktails and beers. The food was good again and if you are looking for a quiet place to find time to relax, you are absolutely right!!!!!! I would always come back, for the Resort and for Dina, she is to me hospitality in person!!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Usa River
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

The thing about tripadvisor is that one cannot rate a place according to the stars it has. Kilima Kidogo for example is really a 2 star venue but it deserves a 5 star within its category. The first KK burnt down and in its stead the owner built a concrete hotel, presumably to make it hard for it to be burnt down again. This takes away any possible charm and incorporates a raft of teething problems with plumbing and electrics, such is the woeful build local build standard. What the owner then does is to paper over the inadequacies with outstanding hospitality and personal attentiveness. She is everywhere, all of the time and while we were there had co opted another lady to help in the kitchen, which turned out delicious grub consistently. The staff must drive her to drink but she bats them into place without turning a hair.

The rooms are OK. They could have better mattreses and more efficient fans according to a couple of the guys I was with. You get lovely hot water.

Great place to stay if you are on a tight budget. I shall be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
KilimaKidogo, Owner at Kilima Kidogo Guesthouse, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Good morning Copper,... Thank you for your comments, some sounds bitter and some sounds sweet. We really take our guests serious in comments,... even if 99% says their bed is good (may be they are polite) and their fan is good, and when we receive one comment like yours, we make work on it. I went myself into every room and through myself onto the beds, and I agree with you, those brand new mattresses from DUBAI must be out.... the 3rd world fans must be out,... and hook by crook, all is in our budget to replace in the next month. I always wants my guests to eat well and to sleep well. Thank you for your comment, I just wish you have told me this while you were in the house. For the price you pay at Kilima Kidogo and for what you get at Kilima Kidogo must leave every guest with a happy satisfied mind. Owner Dina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015 via mobile

One of the best holidays by far... I cannot fault the guesthouse, the food or the host. Peaceful, beautiful, clean and I cannot wait to return to that gem!!! Thank you for an amazing holiday, Jeanne Speck

• Stayed February 2015
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

We loved the old Kilima Kidogo, but we can´t be sentimental anymore! The newone is built very generously and you get enough place for your vacation...Dina the chief was the same woman we have known in 2010,OMG the time is runing so fast!You are heartily welcome everytime. The only thing we are not satisfied is the time waiting for the praparation of your meal order! Dispite of this the food was delicious, only you have to order with halffull stomach:-)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

I enjoyed every moment of my time spent at Kilima Kidogo. I had been looking for a place to stay without a reservation the other places I looked at were cold and unwelcoming, however when I walked into Kilima Kidogo I received the warmest welcome by the entire staff. They made my stay there wonderful! The rooms were spacious and clean. The shower head was perfect for tall people (me). They had a number of rooms to entertain for when it was raining or I had had too much sun. The food was delicious and they are willing to make things on special request (as long as they have the ingredients). The chapati and breakfast pancakes were the best I have had in Tanzania! The owner Dina was wonderful and I enjoyed the time she spent conversing with me and all of the other guests. She really cares about her guests and making their stay top notch!

Room Tip: From what I could tell they were all good! The rooms at the front have a balcony and receive the br...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

Pictures can only show you so much of what to expect, the rest is happenstance and guess work. Well, rest assured you have a slice of heaven here, and rest we did. Dina, the owner, takes personal responsibility for making sure you have an outstanding time. She will do everything she can to make your stay hassle free and fun filled - and she went to every length with us to make sure we had 5 days of bliss. We actually extended our stay because of how relaxing and easy it is. It's clean, very safe, beautiful, calming with food probably too good for the place. All for a great price - I could not recommend it more highly. We'll be back.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Kilima Kidogo Guesthouse? Share your experiences!