We spent 8 nights in last half of February 2013 and was very pleased. Everything was as promised in all the other reviews on trip advisor. Dina and the staff is absolutely fantastic. The food is marvelous. Its very fresh, tasty and gives a clean impression, we actually ate all meals at Kilima Kidogo for our entire stay, since it was so good.
The beach, although the tide makes swimming not ideal on all times of the day. There´s hardly any people there at all, something we found very nice.
Also theres a small television set in the lobby with all sports networks for the avid soccer enthusiast like myself.
The security on the guesthouse at night is tight with a gate and guards. There seemed to be a problem further up the beach with robberies at night, but never had been at this place because of the security.
All in all a place we would return to and not hesitate to recommend to anyone.
And additional bonus is for the experienced birdwatcher; the point south of the beach is a spot for large numbers of shorebirds and at any time I saw between 500-1000 birds of around 15 species, mostly Siberian migrants. These birds come to the beach in front of the guesthouse when the tide is low and you can actually enjoy them from your sun bed.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Kidogo Guesthouse Hotel Paje
- Kilima Kidogo Guesthouse Hotel
- Kilima Kidogo Guesthouse Zanzibar/Paje
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Kidogo Guesthouse is situated on the east coast of Zanzibar between the villages Paje and Jambiani. This little house has great spirit, value and is situated right on the white beaches and great views of the crystal blue seas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Kilima Kidogo Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.