“50th Birthday Bliss!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Echo Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bwejuu
Echo Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Bwejuu
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“50th Birthday Bliss!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was a 4 day trip to Echo Beach, linked to a safari trip to Tanzania. We were both very happy with the excellent Echo Beach Hotel with an amazing location and wonderful laid back atmosphere. As the owners were away in UK, Zoe was our charming host who looked after us amazingly well. We feel that she really made the effort to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. For a young lady she has a great future in the hospitality business.

The whole Echo Beach experience was as we expected - good room, great beach, amazing diving and wonderful food where the chef spoke to us each day discussing our options and choices for lunch and the evening meal. Yes, this was low season, so we could expect some extra effort from the staff but it was clear that they really cared about our stay and tried to make it as special as possible.

A word about the dogs - yes the owners do have dogs but they are very friendly and well behaved and in no way detract from a wonderful experience. in my view, much better to have a couple of nice dogs than screaming kids!!

Overall top marks - highly recommended. Many thanks to Echo Beach for making my birthday so memorable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great rooms with seaview. Me and my boyfriend googled Great Food Zanzibar and got recommended to stay at Echo Beach, and we did not get disappointed. Adding to the delicious food, we got to stay in a nice cottage with a wonderful little porch where you could lie on the daybed and listen to the sea. The hotel lived up to its Echo name in a good way, it was simply up to the guests to choose how environmental they wanted to be and I really appreciated the chance for me to make good decisions. One thing I missed was a fruit buffé at breakfast but rather that then to expect lots of food being thrown away.

The hotel felt very personal, the beach was nice and quiet and the staff was very helpful and service minded. I would especially recommend this place to couples and groups who would like a quiet and peaceful (romantic) stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great rooms, food beyond reproach, stunning views. Huge showers with lots of hot water. Just loved the place and the staff was warm and welcoming. Had an amazing massage....just can't say enough about this place! Thanks Sue!

• Stayed October 2012
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Echo Beach for 3 nights after Kilimanjaro Climb and Safari Tour.
Perfect choice!
Even thought I arrived late after dinner, the office manager Zawadi asked the kitchen stuff to wait for me and prepare a dinner whenever I'm ready. She and her co-worker Prosper took my luggage to my Ocean View Bungalow and explained everything about the bungalow and the resort. The room was clean, with good air condition, nice linen and soft towels.The four post beds were comfortable with firm mattrace. Beds had mosquito nets, but during my stay there were no mosquito.
My dinner was delicious. I met the chief Shadow, such a caring man. On my last day i had to pack and did not come for a dinner. He was concerned that I might be hungry on my way home.
My favorite drink although I'm not a drinker, was Mohio prepared by Prosper. All bartenders were pleasant and made great drinks. The waitresses were little slow and not always understood what it was to them but it didn't bother me that much.
I met the owners of this boutique resort; Sue and Andrew and their cute dogs.
They were always interested how my day was and if everything was to my liking.

I booked this resort with a meal plan (breakfast and dinner) which I would recommend. Good choices on the menu, delicious food, coffee, juices, and fruit cups for breakfast.

My bungalow, #6 was very close to the beach, massage hut and the pool. It was situated in the best part of the resort and very private.
This resort is situated on a long stretch of white sand beach, however, when I was there, there was a lot of sea weed.
For those who enjoy water activities, you can go for a snorkeling tip or scuba diving. There is a dive shop on the property. I payed $35,00 for nearly 2 hours of snorkeling off a rustic wooden boat :-0)
I enjoyed the excursion and appreciate the extra time I was allowed to stay. My guide dove down to show me and let me feel a red starfish, beautiful shells an pointed unique coral. s
The next day I went scuba diving . It was awesome dive! There was just me and another person from another resort, I prefer to be in small group What i have seen on this one dive, I have never seen anywhere else! I have aprox 85 dives behind me, and dove in Hawaii, Tahiti, Carribean Sea (many countries). The soft coral around Bwejuu is spectacular! The variety and abundance of it blew me away!!!
Thank you Leonard for organizing my dive, this experience will stay with me for a very long time.

For those who enjoy loud music and dancing, you can take a taxi to town and spend your energy dancing all night. Sue and Andrew or a stuff member can arranged a drop off and a pick up for you.
This resort was perfect to rest and recover after roughing out on the mountain and safari.
Gentle winds, soft white sand, warm water, delicious food, hot but not scorching sun.....
Ah...all I need before getting back home to busy life and cold weather.

Thank you Sue, Andrew, Zawadi, Prosper, Shadow, Maria, Suzanna and all stuff for making the end of my vacation complete and memorable one. You will stay in my thoughts and hard like a tattoo, for a long long time.

Jola B.
Toronto

Room Tip: If I was going to come back to this resort, I would pick bungalow #6. It is a ground floor room. It...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Echo Beach... the massage, the hostess, the pool boy, the owner, the snorkeling... what can I say? My favorite part? It would have to be the shower! I know it's a funny thing, but after other places with NO water or water pressure or no hot water at my stay on the mainland, it is the simple things that you miss and by that point I just WANTED A SHOWER. My next favorite part? It would have to be the dogs. If you ask really nice and you are lucky, Sue will bring out the clowns - a Bull Terrier and 2 Bassett Hounds who just want to LOVE LOVE LOVE you. I missed my doggy, so I took advantage of this doggie smooching opportunity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were booked to stay 3 nights at Echo Beach. After a two week safari. We had a very ordinary night at our hotel in Stonetown and were not looking forward to going there, we just wanted to go home. Well what a surprise it was. We were greated by Zoe with drinks and wonderful hospitality, we felt incredibly relaxed and glad to be there. For the next three days nothing changed, they hospitality that Sue, Andrew and Zoe showed us was nothing short of fantastic. What lovely genuine people they are. The food was great and the facilities excellent. Loved it and would recommend to anyone. Marj and Shane, Australia

Room Tip: We had a stand alone bungalow which overlooked the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and loved it. We were warmly welcomed after the 50 minute drive from the airport, and a late lunch was rustled up for us. Sue, and her adorable puppies, was a friendly host, and made us feel at home. Other staff we found slightly stand-offish.

Our rooms were on top of each other - twin beds downstairs for the kids, and a lovely double upstairs for us. The rooms were spacious and cool, with nice terraces and well-appointed shower rooms. Mosquito nets and bottled water were provided. All rooms are set in the tropical gardens around the large pool, and all (I think) have glimpses of the sea through the palms. None are more than 2-3 minutes walk along sandy paths to the open-sided restaurant/bar/lounge, where hearty dinners and breakfasts, and lighter lunches, were served. We happened to be there for a Friday night buffet and dance entertainment, which was fine, but enjoyed the a la carte meal the night before more.

The hotel is right on the beach, which almost disappears at high tide, but gets very wide and puddly at low tide, when you can walk out a long way towards the reef. Tall palms lean at rakish angles over the beach, it's just like a postcard. There was more to do (snorkelling, diving, dolphin watching, trips to Stone Town) but we didn't do any of it, we just lolled on the loungers on the beach or by the pool and chilled. Bliss.

The children really enjoyed the pool, and the free wifi, plus they made friends with the children from another family, this place seems to work for couple and families alike. We'd love to go back some day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Echo Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!