Like a lot of the other reviewers, we stayed here on the final leg of our honeymoon post-safari and it really is the perfect place to relax and recharge.
It's very small and private, with each guest having a huge private villa and individual beach banda to call their own, but with the freedom to use the facilities of the large sister hotels either side if wanted. We had a massage and did some yoga classes at Baraza and used the water sports centre at Breezes quite happily- but then to come back to our small piece of heaven away from the masses was really special.
The Palms and everyone who works there really go above and beyond. Every little need was met, from fresh coconuts or cocktails being delivered to our beach banda along with cold face cloths, or a private lunch on the beach, to the manager giving us details of where the villa furniture had been bought from (we coveted a lot of the beautiful carved pieces in our room!). We were also given wonderful surprise honeymoon presents over the week.
The food is exceptional - five courses of deliciousness every night all the perfect portion sizes to ensure you fit it all in! The seafood curry selection was our favourite. We also loved the pre-dinner aperitif cocktail of the day and hor d'oeuvres served to our room every night. You can also eat at the sister hotels if you fancy a change - but why would you?!
One note is that Zanzibar is a very tidal island, and the sea does go out about a mile at low tide, but when the tide it in it is lovely to swim or wade in the warm shallow lagoon steps from your banda. You will need beach shoes to go exploring at low tide (sea urchins abound), but you can borrow a pair for free from the watersports centre next door at Breezes.
There's not much to add that hasn't already been said other than simply book it! It's a once-in-a-lifetime place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the peaceful south eastern coast of the island, lying on an untouched award-winning beach, "The Palms" is the ultimate getaway retreat providing a stunning recluse for the discerning traveler. It is a sanctuary for those in search of tranquility ... a place to stimulate the senses and to experience the very best of the magical island of Zanzibar. The six private villas are beautifully designed creating an atmosphere of relaxed, understated elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Resort All Inclusive Bwejuu
- The Palms Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu