What can I say...The Palms exceeded our expectations beyond belief! This was truly an exceptional holiday with my husband and my mother. With my Mother living in Tanzania, Zanzibar was the perfect location for a relaxing holiday together. The Palms provided us the space, comfort and ambiance to relax in an exquisite setting. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with warmth and kindness. Our every need was catered to! There are no words to describe the level of service we received. The entire staff at The Palms is amazing...professional, incredibly well-trained down to every detail and very pleasant. We enjoyed engaging in conversation with the staff (thanks to my Mother's Kiswahili skills) on numerous occassions. We so enjoyed "sun downers" every evening while choosing the main on the menu. The food was prepared with care and creativity using local ingredients...we tasted fresh fish regularly right from the pier. Our villa was incredible and provided ample space for a couple and a single. The decor was so comfortable and choosen with care. The amentities for each villa were choosen with care. A special gift of a "kanga" was on our bed. We loved the day bed on the porch for those morning naps in the sunshine and the pluge pool added a nice touch for those hot afternoons in the sun. The pool is lovely (where we had lunch everyday) and super warm, just the right temperature for me. And we LOVED our "bandas", Frangipani, overlooking the Indian Ocean. The Plantation House where we dined for breakfast and dinner was always decorated with care with the tables arranged differently each evening and morning. The evening entertainment was delightful with a flare of the many cultures of Zanzibar. We enjoyed a drink at the Spice Bar on several occassions. My husband used the fitness center at Breezes, the resort next door, but it was just average. My husband and mother also booked spa treatments at the spa at The Palms and enjoyed their experience immensely. We truly just relaxed on this holiday, although we did take a day tour to Stone Town and a spice farm, but The Palms was the perfect place for us. I can definitely see us returning...to a hotel of this standard, comfort and intimacy...the size is perfect! Thanks a million to the wonderful staff for making this a holiday of a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the peaceful south eastern coast of the island, lying on an untouched award-winning beach, "The Palms" is the ultimate getaway retreat providing a stunning recluse for the discerning traveler. It is a sanctuary for those in search of tranquility ... a place to stimulate the senses and to experience the very best of the magical island of Zanzibar. The six private villas are beautifully designed creating an atmosphere of relaxed, understated elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your The Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Resort All Inclusive Bwejuu
- The Palms Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu