We spent six nights here in january. It all looks fantastic, with six large chalets semi-circled round the pool and bar which meant only the 6th room - cinnamon - had direct access to the beach. We were next in jasmine and were badly attcked by mosquitoes, outside and inside the room and even inside the mosquito net. Although the net looked fantatsic it took us two nights to wrok out that it did not touch the floor in a couple of places. The windows and doors were not mosquito proof and any lights soon attracted them despite the ac. Food was high quality, plentiful and well served but very littel choice. Only one starter and one sweet with choice of two or three main courses at lunch and dinner. The dinner main course had to be chosen several hours beforehand. Breakfast was also a la carte with fresh fruit starter, choice of two juices, mesuli or cornflakes, milk or plain yoghurt, bread and pastries, eggs bacon etc. No wine list - choice was red, rose or white. The square central pool had some loungers but no sunshades or shower. Plunge pool outside our room was always in the shade and hence always too cold to relax in. Nowhere to shower or wash sand off feet before entering room. Furniture looked antique but was all available to buy in the next door hotel shop. Lovely TV & Video but difficult to see from the bed; plus phone and free wifi. Plumbing looked great but none of the plugs worked properly and the bidet had nowhere for soap or towels. all in all it reminded me of a film set, everything superficial.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the peaceful south eastern coast of the island, lying on an untouched award-winning beach, "The Palms" is the ultimate getaway retreat providing a stunning recluse for the discerning traveler. It is a sanctuary for those in search of tranquility ... a place to stimulate the senses and to experience the very best of the magical island of Zanzibar. The six private villas are beautifully designed creating an atmosphere of relaxed, understated elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jovago.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Hotel Bwejuu
- Palms Resort All Inclusive Bwejuu
- The Palms Zanzibar Island/Bwejuu