We stayed at Breezes Beach Club for 4 nights at the end of our honeymoon. We booked through ATR, who we would highly recommend and who gave a fair description of the hotel. We booked to stay at Breezes as we wanted to end our honeymoon at a luxury resort. However Breezes is distinctly average and overpriced. Before staying at Breezes we stayed at the considerably cheaper Pongwe Beach Hotel and we much preferred this smaller hotel and it’s location on Zanzibar.
On arrival at Breezes we were taken to our room. We had booked a standard room which was tucked away at the back of the hotel in a separate characterless block. The room was air conditioned, clean and simply decorated. The service was poor and the staff were not very friendly and made no effort to help. This was very different to our experience at the smaller lodges/hotels we stayed at in Tanzania. We were given a number of complimentary vouchers for massages, lunch, kitesurfing and yoga, possibly because we were on our honeymoon. I was impressed with the spa but the showers in the spa periodically stopped working.
The hotel is situated on a mediocre beach and the tide goes out a very long way. There are lots of sea urchins so it’s not suitable for walking out into the water without reef shoes. Definitely not suitable for children. Since the beach is nothing spectacular most people sit round the pool. The hotel is situated on a stretch of beach next to a number of other very large hotels. The hotel has a private restaurant called Tides but it was booked up the entire time we were there. The main restaurant is usually a themed buffet and the food was generally very good.
Our stay at Breezes was OK but overpriced. This is not a luxury hotel and I think you can do better on both the hotel and the overall location. The hotel is pretending to be something it’s not. In hindsight I wish we’d stayed at Pongwe Beach for our entire stay. I would recommend Zanibar as a good beach location following a safari but you have to be very careful on your choice of hotel and the overall location on the island. We also stayed at Mawe Ninga, Plantation lodge, Oldavai Camp and the Serengeti Serena on the mainland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar's most romantic hotel, featuring the Frangipani Spa, highest attention to detail, and personalized service second to none. This family owned and managed resort has set high standards for Zanzibar, and continues to lead the others in the right direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Breezes Beach Club And Spa, Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Hotel Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Resort Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club Zanzibar
- Breezes Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Bwejuu