In short, Breezes has speacialised as a honeymoon hotel. It's the small details that make this place unforgettable.
Check in was quick and efficient. Once you arrive they lead you to the lobby, ask for your vouchers and take care of everything. You just have to wait in the lounge and drink the welcoming cocktail.
The room (we stayed at a balcony suite) was very large and had a separate dressing closet (needless to say, my wife loved the idea). The bed was king size and very confortable. Every day, around 7-8 pm (after you left for dinner), the keeping ladies go to the room and spray it with mosquito repellent and prepare the mosquito net. We were not bitten at all and there were never no mosquitos in the room at night.
Bathroom was fine and very clean (they clean it twice or three times a day). No TV in the room (football is suspended during honeymoon).
If you go on honeymoon (as we did) you will find several vouchers offered by the Hotel for almost every service available (e.g. 30 min massage, yoga lesson, sundowners in the room, night under the stars where they prepare a bed in the balcony, free lunch if you are on half board basis, kite surf lesson, etc.)
Food at the Buffet restaurant was different every night (they organise dinners by themes) and vey good. Sometimes it was not buffet dinner and you were served at the table and had to choose between 4 different courses and starters. You can also go to the 2 restaurants a la carte in the Hotel (one serves seafood).
Drinks are paid separately (the wine list could be better).
Another good thing is that you are not supposed to pay anything in cash (even tips). Everything goes to your room bill.
Swimming pool was OK (not very big, but who cares when you have a paradise beach a couple of meters ahead!?). Sunbeds are very good (with mattress) and you can always find one available.
The beach is absolutely magnificent. We live in Portugal, where the beaches are amazing and have travelled a few times to the Caribbean Islands (Cuba and Dominican Republic) and Brazil - this beach tops any of the former. Here the sand is so white it looks like flour. The reef barrier ahead ensures that the water is always calm and transparent.
You can spend your days at the beach, going snorkling, windsurfing, diving, kite surfing, reef walking, riding bycicles in the sand, taking excursions to Stone Town and nearby islands, going to the Hotel's Spa, Fitness Centre, whatever. Plenty of things to do.
Lunch can be taken at the pool, at the beach, restaurant, wherever you want. You just have to call the staff and they will bring anything you want (by the way, both in Kenya and Tanzania, people are really, really friendly, EVEN if you don't tip them or give small tips).
No bad critics to this Hotel at all. Barazas, located wright next to Breezes is far more expensive and not worth the overcharge (this is why Breezes was the Hotel with most guests, although it is never crowded).
If you are planing on going to zanzibar, make sure you stay at Breezes!
We will never forget our honeymoon and how lucky we were to elect Breezes as our destination in Zanzibar.
A huge thank you to the management and staff of Breezes Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar's most romantic hotel, featuring the Frangipani Spa, highest attention to detail, and personalized service second to none. This family owned and managed resort has set high standards for Zanzibar, and continues to lead the others in the right direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Beach Club And Spa, Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Breezes Beach Hotel Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Resort Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club Zanzibar
- Breezes Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Bwejuu