We recently stayed at Breezes Zanzibar for 4 nights in Feb. at the end of our Friendly Planet safari tour. I booked it online and took advantage of a promo where if you paid for 3 nights, the 4th night was free. The resort was beautiful and the staff couldn't do enough for us. We stayed in a superior room because the standard rooms were all booked.
Although we really liked it there, it was quite expensive when you account for all your costs to get there. We had to pay for a flight from Kilimanjaro, which cost us approx $375 each return. It was not an easy feat to book this because we had no luck with Precision Air's website and they changed the flight times on us 3 times! Make sure you allow for lots of flexibility in your schedule if you use them! Then we had to pay $60 each way for a shuttle to and from the airport. So, if you add all this on top of your expensive hotel cost, it's a lot of money - double what we're used to paying at an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean or Mexico.
Four days was definitely long enough for us. Although it was nice to unwind after a 2 week safari tour, there was little to do at the resort, especially at night. The entertainment was terrible and there were no tv's in the rooms. WiFi was only available for a fee, in the common areas, not in your room.
We booked half-board which included breakfast and dinner. The food was very good, with a heavy Indian influence. Breakfast was quite good, but wasn't always refilled, once the dishes were empty, especially the fresh fruit.
We went on the snorkelling tour which was pretty good, especially if you're a beginner. The coral was beautiful. The coolest thing about the location of the resort, is the HUGE low tide. The water recedes over a half kilometer and you are able to walk out to the coral reef in ankle deep water, seeing a wide array of sealife along the way. It was fascinating and we actually did this twice. Probably the only place in the world you can walk to a coral reef!
Stone town is a total waste of time. So, in retrospect, not sure our week in Zanzibar was worth the money. Definitely would not go back.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Hotel
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Hotel Bwejuu
- Breezes Beach Club And Spa, Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Hotel Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Resort Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club Zanzibar
- Breezes Zanzibar
- Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar Bwejuu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar's most romantic hotel, featuring the Frangipani Spa, highest attention to detail, and personalized service second to none. This family owned and managed resort has set high standards for Zanzibar, and continues to lead the others in the right direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Breezes Beach Club & Spa, Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.