“Peaceful paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robinson's Place

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bwejuu
Robinson's Place
Save Saved
You added Robinson's Place to your Saves list
Bwejuu, Tanzania   |
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Bwejuu
Prague, Czech Republic
“Peaceful paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We spent there a week and it was the best accommodation throughout the visit Africa. It is simple, but really peaceful and quiet. Edie and Ann are friendly and welcoming. Edie is a great cook. Ann can speakes swiss, english, italian, french and swahili.

Room Tip: Robinson house, the upper floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I can't imagine a more relaxing beach-front place anywhere. A very special place. Our family of 5 (incl. three adult children) stayed only a couple of days prior to hiking in the Usambara Mountains and doing a week-long game-viewing safari. Should have stayed longer, or at least relaxed there at the end of our trip. Comfortable thatched rooms nestled among swaying trees; eating communally (excellent food) in an open-air banda; sandy walkways with inviting hammocks and chairs where you can muse upon the beach, the azure Indian Ocean, the cows and local folks on their bikes passing up and down the beach; and no flies or mosquitoes when we were there. Ann and Eddie are delightful, interesting hosts, as are the locals who help them out. Even a red colobus monkey to greet us in the morning. Soooo relaxing . . . .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dar es Salaam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent one week at the Robinson's place hotel.
It was an amazing moment for me and I enjoyed a lot being there due to the Hospitality and super cool services that was provided to me by Ann and Eddie.
I had very nice sea food and others also fresh fruits direct from their farm.
They offered me a bike that i did some rides and get to know and visit other places on my time being there.
I miss the place so much and I wish and hope to be there any time I am in Zanzibar.

Room Tip: Any room is awesome.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

As the name implies, Robinson's is a tropical low-tech/no-tech paradise. I stayed here with my (Dutch) parents, brother, sister in law and my teenage niece and nephew for two weeks and would have stayed forever if we could have. I was worried that the teenagers (avid facebookers & twitterers) would hate it because there is no electricity, but they loved it. I felt more relaxed than I had in years. The proprietors, Ann and Eddie, are truly committed to their vision for an enterprise that has a positive impact on both the environment as well as on the local community. They are also just lovely, lovely people! Eddie cooked a delicious dinner most nights and let us know in the morning if he wasn't planning to cook that day so that we could make other plans (there are many good restaurants nearby). We were able to rent bicycles for trips to Paje and beyond, and Eddie & Ann also helped to organise doplphin watching, snorkeling, and spice tours. After finishing three months of work in Tanzania last week I was hopinng to spend some R&R time at Robinson's but found the place closed for a sabattical. I hope Eddie & Ann enjoy their well-deserved time off and come back refreshed and ready to open up again soon!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our trip and really liked this place. We had the 'tree house' which was right next to the beach and looked out at sea. The bungalows have a thatched roof and are open at the front, so it's a real treat to fall asleep to the sound of the sea. There is no electricity which added charm to the stay- lighting was provided through lamps and a solar powered light. The location of this place is also good- there were some nice hammocks and loungers on the beach located in front of our bungalow.

The owner Eddie was really welcoming and cooked a delicious dinner which we had with the other guests on the first night of our stay, sitting on the floor to candle light.

Bwejuu itself is beautiful. It felt much less touristed than some of the other places we visited, like Kendwa and Nungwi. But this also means it is very quiet with a much smaller selection of places to eat or have drinks at- although we really enjoyed this at the end of our trip but it might not be to everyone's taste.

The only drawback is the beach which is tidal- like most of the beaches on the east coast. There is a very short 'window' of time when the tide is in. We found that at the time of our visit at high tide the water was still only up to our waist. You would have to go quite a distance out in order for it to get any deeper, so I would recommend bringing reef shoes so as to avoid stepping on sea urchins (which we were warned about - but never saw any).

This was a great place to stay in for a few nights, the back-to-nature feel of this place was really special.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Have just visited Robinson's Place over the New Year with three visitors from Scotland (first time in Africa for them), my husband who has been in Africa for over 10 years, and I've lived here for 4 (Uganda). We were all blown away by how amazing this hotel was... we couldn't have asked for anything more.

It's plainly adverstised as simple on the website, ie: no power and communal, family style meals. We were incredibly impressed with Eddie's cooking (the owner) and loved the way we were served and also the overall atmosphere of each evening meal. We chose to eat there every night even though there were plenty of restaurants along the beach to go to. The rooms were beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and incredible value... our Scottish visitors could not BELIEVE how cheap it was. We had the main house for 5 of us... it was huge, and perfect. Ann and Eddie were entirely professional, organized, and amazing fun... they made our New Year's Eve and also the rest of our week! Our visitors truly believed they had landed in paradise, and having visited the island numerous times before myself and having never returned to the same place because each one disappointed, I will forever stay at Robinsons from here on in. Paradise indeed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
mtundu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I've been coming to Zanzibar for 17 years and this was a great experience. Eddie and Ann were awesome in providing a great stay.

Check it out!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Robinson's Place? Share your experiences!