My wife and I spent 3 nights at Melia, Zanzibar in a cliff side Pavilion room on an AI Premier basis in early Sept. The room was amazing with all the luxuries you would expect and views of the Indian Ocean to die for....the sunken bath was a real treat. Food was excellent with many restaurants to choose from inc the room service which is free on a premier deal (not so on normal AI). The sandy beach is a short cart ride away or even a casual stroll (beach or path) as the jetty beach is rock form. Service is good although more focused for 'western' folk (beach better than hotel).
Only real downfall was that although we had arranged a transfer from the airport this failed to show and was put on our final bill (once explained it was removed) and at $75 was bit of a pill as you can get a normal transfer for $50.
Highly recommend the Spa and all that it offers which is run by some very nice Thai women
Watch out for Zanzibar departure tax ($48 at time of writing).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Melia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Kiwengwa