I’ve stayed in this hotel end of April beginning of May this year, the Hotel is very well located and the employers are normally very friendly and welcome you very well, even with some difficulties in understanding you due to language barriers (Swahili vs English or French).
However, not everything it’s so good, visiting the Hotel in the low season and with low occupation rate can bring you some problems, less restaurants open and lower service level in some of the services available for the guests, explained due to economy proposes of the Hotel management, as such, be careful when planning your vacations.
Some additional notes:
- do not trust everything they told you on your reception, at least with me, there were some misunderstanding’s on the services available, that in the final were not (animation, restaurants, etc.);
- the beach its very good, however, there is an handicap to the ones who like to be on the water lots of time, it can only be fully profited when the tide it is almost full, once, in front, there are corals that limit its usage;
- be aware of your belongings, what it is normal in this type of destination, not so normal when you put things out of view and someone goes and stolen them from you. I didn’t expect that could happen inside the room and from inside a backpack stored in the shelf of the cabinet. But it can occur, be careful;
- if you contract all inclusive, be aware, it ends on check out, even that you could need to stay a little longer;
So my recommendation, prepare well your trip and take in consideration what could be yours expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Melia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Kiwengwa