I can only rate this hotel with three stars because other than the restaurant staff, they fall short. We found ourselves having to ask for simple things like water in the room. Our request for a wake up call was not fulfilled. I tried to make a call to town from the room and the receptionist told it was too much bother for her to give an outside line. We had to ask for minibar things that just should have been there, like coffee.
It is on beautiful grounds which are meticulously maintained.
The food is not five star quality, not been close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature. The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Melia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Melia Zanzibar Kiwengwa