I stayed at Melia Zanzibar just over the past weekend because it was my birthday and I gave myself a treat.
I have to say the hotel is very nice and the staff are very helpful. For some reasons I couldn't do advance payment through credit card or bank transfer so I wrote to the reservation asking for cash payment upon arrival. To be honest, I didn't expect the reservation agree so readily. When Mr. Sadick Said of the Reservation Dept. wrote back to me confirming my booking with my request, I was really very happy and impressed by their consideration, flexibility and hospitality.
The check-in was nice as the staff would present you a refreshing towel of a very enchanting smell as well as a welcoming juice which is very tasty.
The receptionist gave me a free upgrade from Melia Garden Room to Melia Terrace Room for my birthday. The room is nice with a lovely terrace and a modern-style spacious bathroom.
The facilities are awesome. I like the library, the pool, all the restaurants, the gym and the spa.
The restaurant gave me a surprise at my birthday dinner with a beautifully presented birthday cake. And the food was amazing! I enjoyed the beef steak and wine so much.
The spa is very professional and enjoyable. Spa is done by professionals from Thailand. It was so relaxing and rejuvenating that I even fell asleep in the process.
The Spices restaurant is the main dining venue serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner is themed differently every night. Saturday night is BBQ. Yummy yummy.
It is a great place for relaxation and holiday. I will come back again.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel
- Melia Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Kiwengwa
- Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Hotel
- Melia Zanzibar Kiwengwa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Indian Ocean archipelago with its white sandy beaches is located 35 km off the Tanzanian main land. The Melia Hotel and Resort is the Zanzibar's leading international resort, situated on the north-east coast of the island, featuring world class luxury. The hideaway resort offers 110 rooms, 7 private villas,7 Front Pavillion Made by African Style an exclusive beach club and a romantic Jetty Bar above the Indian Ocean. The hotel is perfect destination for honeymoon or wedding vacations as well as meetings & incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Melia, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Melia Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.