We stayed at the hotel a week from 6 to 13 february.
We got a nice room on the second floor (203) with a huge double bed with mosquito net around. Very comfortable bed.
The room was large and had a "walk-in closet. Bathroom was spacious and the shower great and good. Balcony was also large and had two" armchairs "and a table.
The restaurant in the hotel the was approved but no more. Positive was that they had different themes every night and sometimes it was buffet and sometimes alacarte. they succumbed at the pool sometimes and the Chinese New Year drew up tables it in the middle of a grass field in the hotel, very nice.
The food however was not as good standard.
The breakfast was not as plentiful as we would have liked. As a three-star hotel.
There were plenty of sunbeds and you did not have to get up early to book, there were always chairs.
The beach at the hotel is fantastic and you can walk right out to the reef at low tide. Just be sure to go back before the tide comes.
The pool was good.
I tried massage and it was very good.
Everyone was helpful and service minded and there was free Wi Fi access in the reception area.
We are very pleased with our stay and the food had been better it would have been five stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FULLY REFURBISHED IN 2013 this family owned and run resort exudes authentic Zanzibar style. Located on an exceptional white sandy beach our several dining options provide for lunch with your toes in the sand and intimate candle lit dinners, the wide range of facilities found at our elegant resort were created for the discerning traveller. The Spa with views over the ocean is a heaven of peace with exotic treatments created by our expert therapists. Rooms are in cottages nestled in tropical landscaped gardens with views through lofty palms to the sparkling Indian Ocean. Combining comfort and authenticity, this unique resort has captured Zanzibars relaxed island feel delivering personal attention from our warm and smiling staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Bluebay Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar/Kiwengwa