We had a great six nights in this hotel. Beautiful location, good service and lovely spacious room with good quiet AC.
Location - Fantastic beach with endless white sands and snorkelling, good sea breeze to keep you from overheating.
Great swimming pools set amongst the palm trees. Plenty of sun beds and the beautiful extensive gardens set this hotel apart from others in the area.
Variety in restaurants and pools, you can also use the facilities of the sister hotel Sultan Sands next door which is little more informal.
Good food, my wife loved the Swahili buffet and the band were good entertainment whilst dining.
Doctor on Site, my 4 year old son had a nasty graze that became infected but the on site doctor managed to fix this saving us any inconvenience of searching for a doctor/antibiotics.
Good Rooms - plenty of space and well cleaned, our room was always cleaned on return from breakfast.
Friendly and helpful staff and management.
Great Cocktails !
The only con we could find, and it is only a minor gripe, was the WIFI. It was only available free of charge near the games facilities. If you wanted in-room WIFI it was an additional charge which I think most hotels these days supply free of charge. But lets face it WIFI is not a big issue when you have all the other distractions that this hotel has to offer.
Overall, I would definitely be happy to spend more time in this hotel, next year hopefully !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FULLY REFURBISHED IN 2013 this family owned and run resort exudes authentic Zanzibar style. Located on an exceptional white sandy beach our several dining options provide for lunch with your toes in the sand and intimate candle lit dinners, the wide range of facilities found at our elegant resort were created for the discerning traveller. The Spa with views over the ocean is a heaven of peace with exotic treatments created by our expert therapists. Rooms are in cottages nestled in tropical landscaped gardens with views through lofty palms to the sparkling Indian Ocean. Combining comfort and authenticity, this unique resort has captured Zanzibars relaxed island feel delivering personal attention from our warm and smiling staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Otel, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Bluebay Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar/Kiwengwa