we spent 2 restful days at the Bluebay after a week of safari. lovely welcome with cool towels and drinks and a beautiful set up with open air dining, plenty of lounge areas and a good beach...a bit of a relief after the long drive from the airport. Water in the Indian ocean was bathlike and pools a little more refreshing. Staff was attentive and eager to please. Rooms were spacious and cool ...AC was very welcome and worked well. We loved our balcony seating area. Food was good. Make sure you order the local beers for real refreshment! We enjoyed entertainment as we ate and the Masai set up a market on our last evening. we had a small problem with a leaking fridge which was addressed right away.Make sure to use your bug spray in the evenings as you will enjoy sitting outside. overall a very pleasant experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FULLY REFURBISHED IN 2013 this family owned and run resort exudes authentic Zanzibar style. Located on an exceptional white sandy beach our several dining options provide for lunch with your toes in the sand and intimate candle lit dinners, the wide range of facilities found at our elegant resort were created for the discerning traveller. The Spa with views over the ocean is a heaven of peace with exotic treatments created by our expert therapists. Rooms are in cottages nestled in tropical landscaped gardens with views through lofty palms to the sparkling Indian Ocean. Combining comfort and authenticity, this unique resort has captured Zanzibars relaxed island feel delivering personal attention from our warm and smiling staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Bluebay Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar/Kiwengwa