We spent 5 nights at Matemwe Lodge in July 2011 in the Zamzam villa. The villa itself was spectacular, with abundant outdoor space and a private 2nd floor with a pool overlooking the ocean. The living and sleeping areas were well appointed - not too fancy but appropriate for the environment - and the bathroom was spacious, featuring both a shower as well as a very large tub that opened out onto the balcony. The food and service were great. While there were the occasional 'lost in translation' moments the staff immediately corrected any errors. There's not an abundance of activity to do while at the lodge (we did a reef walk and a 1/2 day snorkel trip - both were great) - perfect for relaxing or catching up on reading but probably not a place you'd want to stay if you wanted more adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matemwe Retreat's rooms are extremely spacious and beautifully decorated. A private deck and plunge pool allows for uninterrupted relaxation, with only the palm trees for company. Service at the Retreat is organized in such a way that guests need never leave their room. A private butler caters to every whim and the chef stops by every morning to discuss the meal choices for the day, which are served on the large verandas overlooking the Indian Ocean. Guests are free to wander down to the main lodge, enjoy the delicious cuisine or join fellow patrons for sundowner cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, T4B, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Matemwe Retreat, Zanzibar, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matemwe Retreat, Asilia Africa Hotel Matemwe
- Matemwe Retreat, Zanzibar, Asilia Africa