We have just returned from a week at Matemwe Bandas. We stayed as a family of four with two young children (aged 2 and 5). Here are some real highlights of our time at Matemwe Bandas...
1) The setting is outstanding, a white sand beach, coconut tress and a beautifully designed hotel next to a village. At high tide you can swim out and see lots of tiny tropical fish in the lagoon.
2) Really excellent food - lobster barbeque and grilled fish for us and perfectly cooked pasta and other items for the kids. The food was very reasonable so worth a trip just for the restaurant.
3) There is a very positive feeling about the team ( with british and zanzibari co owners) behind the hotel and the relationship with the village nearby. We contributed towards buying some solar lamps for village households. No hassle on the beach so excellent for pottering and it felt extremely safe.
4) The size and layout meant that it was really easy to keep an eye on the kids who spent ages playing in the pool so it was very relaxing but also with lots of fun activities eg. a boat trip to swim in warm turquoise sea spotting an array of sea life, chatting to local children on the beach, and hunting for treasure (shells) etc.
5) Very indulgent for adults, nice cocktails and a fantastic raised deck for massages with a sea view and lovely to be bare foot all week in the perfect white sand.
We shall definitely be back!
Thank you for making our holiday one of our best as a family with lots of great memories and pictures for the album.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matemwe Bandas is as faithful to its natural surroundings and to the highest levels of luxury as we are to millennia old traditions of local master craftsmanship. We are also a fair trade business that is substantially locally owned, while every member of our team (including our four young apprentices) hails from the village of Matemwe around our property.With private direct access from your verandah, Matemwe’s breathtaking beach is only a step away. You can walk along its majestic palmed-lined breadth on dazzlingly white, super fine sand basking in the brilliant tropical sunshine for miles in both directions, only occasionally coming across other people. Nestling on the beach's edge in rustic exclusivity, our luxury coco wood and palm thatch bungalows share an elegant 11m x 5m swimming fresh water pool and sandy, decked and canopy-covered communal areas. We offer butler service and a la carte local & international fusion cuisine. We also provide high speed Wi-Fi Internet access, laundry service and mineral water in the bandas for free to all residents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and Booking.com so you can book your Matemwe Bandas Boutique Hotel, Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matemwe Bandas Boutique Hotel, Zanzibar